Smashed My Acai Bowl, Bro

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
casa_mugrienta said:
StuAzole said:
ifallalot said:
Mapple_wav said:
Shouldn't Tanner be concerned about losing his sponsor for such behaviour ?
Tanner isn't in the wrong here
Yeah, an almost 30 year old professional standing at the top of the stairs and starting a fight at a WCT venue is clearly the right thing to do.
I dunno, seems like Michael had made it a point to be an asshole and routinely try him.

This can test even the longest of fuses.

Do you think Michael is going to keep running his mouth?
Yes.

He's on the CT and Tanner is Tanner.

I could be wrong, but that fight looked like only one guy was fighting. The other guy knew he was on camera and just hunkered down. Tanner got kicked out of the event, and MR didn't.

Unless I see some "after" shots showing a bloody face, I'd say MR still owns Tanner.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
grg said:
what sponsors?

Xanadu.

LOL
Tangent, but regardless of what his current stable of pros looks like, Xanadu is still one of the gnarliest shapers out there, and he's one of the few guys on that level who will sit with you, regardless of your name or talent level, and work out your next board.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
StuAzole said:
casa_mugrienta said:
StuAzole said:
ifallalot said:
Mapple_wav said:
Shouldn't Tanner be concerned about losing his sponsor for such behaviour ?
Tanner isn't in the wrong here
Yeah, an almost 30 year old professional standing at the top of the stairs and starting a fight at a WCT venue is clearly the right thing to do.
I dunno, seems like Michael had made it a point to be an asshole and routinely try him.

This can test even the longest of fuses.

Do you think Michael is going to keep running his mouth?
Yes.
Considering how fast Michael folded I think you're wrong.

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Racer1 said:
Maybe it's because all the Brazilians that are able to travel internationally are rich?
Exactly.

I said it here or some other thread. The ones you see traveling are from $$.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
rts265 said:
Racer1 said:
Maybe it's because all the Brazilians that are able to travel internationally are rich?
Exactly.

I said it here or some other thread. The ones you see traveling are from $$.
Yup. Plus they grow up never having to lift a finger around the house and have everything handed to them.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
casa_mugrienta said:
Considering how fast Michael folded I think you're wrong.
He knew what was coming, and knew he was on video. He folded on purpose. At least that's my guess.

San Gabriel Valley local

Michael Peterson status
Nov 14, 2002
San Gabriel Valley, CA
Rodrigues's latest instragram post (translated by Google):
Faced with the repercussion of the aggression I suffered here in Hawaii, I would like to say that I am well focused solely on the competition here at Pipeline, and my career as a professional surfer.
In addition, I repudiate any and all acts of violence against me, or against any other living being.
Nothing justifies the aggression I have received, so I feel obliged to take all reasonable steps to ensure that unfortunate events such as these do not recur, with me, or against any other athlete and / or person.
Finally, WSL has already demonstrated that surfing, as a top-level sport, no longer tolerates this type of behavior.
I hope this fact does not negatively affect the surf, let alone my career. I'm a surfer, athlete!
Hugs to all, and thanks for the support

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
San Gabriel Valley local said:
Faced with the repercussion of the aggression I suffered here in Hawaii, I would like to say that I am well focused solely on the competition here at Pipeline, and my career as a professional surfer.
In addition, I repudiate any and all acts of violence against me, or against any other living being.
Nothing justifies the aggression I have received, so I feel obliged to take all reasonable steps to ensure that unfortunate events such as these do not recur, with me, or against any other athlete and / or person.
Finally, WSL has already demonstrated that surfing, as a top-level sport, no longer tolerates this type of behavior.
I hope this fact does not negatively affect the surf, let alone my career. I'm a surfer, athlete!
Hugs to all, and thanks for the support
:roflmao:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Who's Your Daddy said:
San Gabriel Valley local said:
... so I feel obliged to take all reasonable steps to ensure that unfortunate events such as these do not recur, with me, or against any other athlete and / or person.
Is the brazzo about to call Saul?
He's hired the same lawyer as the girl lady who got her leash pulled in Venice. :socrazy:

Joint press conference forthcoming...

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
That's the weird thing.

I've spent months there, always found them to be some of the warmest people. No disproportionate BS in the lineups either compared to other places.
How many acai bowls did you smash in those months, bro?! :confused2: