Smash Mouth Singer, End of Life Care

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
Steve Harwell, the former lead singer of Smash Mouth, has entered hospice care as he suffers from the final stage of liver failure, according to sources.

TMZ reported that Harwell is "on his deathbed" and has entered the last stage of liver failure, which was brought on from a lifelong struggle with alcohol abuse. The "All Star" singer was being treated in a hospital until recently.

A representative from Harwell's management confirmed the tragic news.

"Unfortunately this is the case," the source said. "Steve is resting at home and being cared for by his fiancé and hospice care."

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
And yet somehow, there is still Keith Richards.

I had an acquaintance who at one point was in charge of procuring drugs for Aerosmith on tour.

If half the stuff he told me was true, I don't know how Stephen Tyler is still alive.

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country

I had an acquaintance who at one point was in charge of procuring drugs for Aerosmith on tour.

If half the stuff he told me was true, I don't know how Stephen Tyler is still alive.
Science needs to study those two so they can build Uber Human......and of course, the greatest band ever.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009

My father in law was a sound guy who did playback for a lot of big bands in the 80’s. He’s actually in David Lee Roth’s California girls video and he toured/partied with a lot of legendary/notorious acts and has stories for days. Endless Motley Crue stories and his story about going to Colombia with Bon Jovi was insane. Speaks pretty highly of most of these guys. Until you bring up Aerosmith. He fucking hates them, says they were angry and sober when he worked with them. No fun at all.

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil

Keith Richards is a Skrull, only logical explanation.

RIP.

Reactions: Chocki

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
I recall around 2000 or 2001 John Philips of the Momma’s and Pappa’s had his liver replaced due to alcohol relater disease. Apparently bucked the waiting list. A local news team visited him after the surgery in a Palm Desert bar. He was well on his way to getting loaded. He became belligerent when the reporter asked him if it was fair for him to get a replacement Oliver a head of others who would probably not imbibe and ruin the new liver. Philips didn’t last too long, his death was reportedly from heart failure.

I suppose money talks and public persona were used to get in front of others waiting on the list.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Speaks pretty highly of most of these guys. Until you bring up Aerosmith. He fucking hates them, says they were angry and sober when he worked with them. No fun at all.
:roflmao:

Sobriety is hard. According to my buddy, they weren't exactly charming when high either.

Reactions: mundus

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Seems like Mid 50's is the age that hard drinkers die-out. If you're one of them...take heed.

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
Was never a fan, and if I never hear that all-star song again - that would be totally bitchin.

What's the backstory to his last show being drunk and doing the Nazi salute?

idiot2.jpg
idiot1.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Chocki

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
RIP Smashmouth guy. Hopefully Shifty Shellshock can get his sh!t together and isn’t next. Fwiw I always liked All Star.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Was never a fan, and if I never hear that all-star song again - that would be totally bitchin.
When Cobain killer himself he inadvertently killed rock music with it. Brooding visceral lyrics were no longer cool, it was all about feel good crap from that point on :barf:

Disclaimer: I am speaking of the mainstream of course. There’s always good stuff if you know where to find it

Reactions: tenover

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
another dude, done

Gary Wright has died after a long battle with his health ... TMZ has learned.

Justin Wright, Gary's son, tells us his father passed away Monday morning at his home in Palos Verdes Estates, CA -- which is in the South Bay. We're told he'd been diagnosed with Parkinson's about 5 or 6 years ago, as well as Lewy body dementia shortly thereafter.