Slo County infestation.

Oct 13, 2019
CenCoast
After talking to a few buddies and seeing all our usually quiet dirt turn outs we've come to conclusion that our county has a million heads coming from North and South. Campers, Vans, Tacoma's, Soobie's, and roof-racks for days. Tomorrow morning's going to be a zoo. Stay in your own.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

YeahNo

OTF status
Jan 20, 2017
Kelly's Cove
Maybe SLO will take a page out of the San Mateo playbook. Last week authorities were running plates to see where cars were registered, and if it was more than 5 miles from Pacifica State Beach, they were ticketed and sent home. Ocean Beach is going to be packed. Not looking forward to the influx...I didn't look forward to the influx before all of this happened. Now it's even worse. The locals are getting territorial again and warnings are starting to pop up on Great Highway.

Don'tSurfHereOB.jpeg

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Lets be honest. Mostly SLO sucks. It's Windy. Walled.

I surf every now and then on my Paso trips but mostly not even worth the 30 minute drive.

I'm up here now. Was hoping to surf this morning but it was lumpy and shitty like it almost always is.

I'm convinced this is the worst place to be a surfer from SD to SF.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

I surf every now and then on my Paso trips but mostly not even worth the 30 minute drive.

I'm up here now. Was hoping to surf this morning but it was lumpy and shitty like it almost always is.

This. Spread the word

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Join the club. Granted it's hot as phuk but there are more cars in the dirt turn offs than ever. 30+ cars at foof yesterday and barely rideable waves.

• Dislike
Reactions: JBerry

doc_flavonoid

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 27, 2019
After talking to a few buddies and seeing all our usually quiet dirt turn outs we've come to conclusion that our county has a million heads coming from North and South. Campers, Vans, Tacoma's, Soobie's, and roof-racks for days. Tomorrow morning's going to be a zoo. Stay in your own.
which is the excuse soco bos have been using NOT to reopen the beaches here. last time they were open every donkey within a 200mi showed up. with ousted tahoe resort workers hugging it out in the lot with the elk grove pavement princess boys. it was a barnyard brofest of epic proportions...

there's been 30+miles of cones and caution tape blocking every turn out since. not a day goes by where i dont see a sp ranger lighting up some dumbfuck for trying to get his chick to blow him while they park in the ice plant.

be thankful you can still surf at all. traveling kooks basically fucked this coast coming and going for the past month with no end in sight.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13

Take note everyone. This is how you should speak about every spot/zone you visit.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
YEs, the Central COast sucks. It's always windy here. Tide is always wrong. The breaks really suck. In the winter it's always too big and closed out. Spring is always onshore slop. Summer is so foggy you can't see the break. We have a HUGE seal rookery with more than 10,000 pinnipeds which bring great whites in masses. And no point breaks to be found for 90+ miles.

It's never worth the drive. I would recommend Santa Cruz to the north or Ventura to the south instead. Much better surfing and travel experience.

Last edited:

Iceman

Phil Edwards status
Apr 1, 2002
NorCenCal
It's never worth the drive. I would recommend Santa Cruz to the north or Ventura to the south instead. Much better surfing and travel experience.
Kinda f*** off of Santa Cruz!

Honestly though, it's been a sh!tshow here as well with everybody filing in from the Bay Area. Parking lots are closed to a lot of places, but people are just parking in obscure places on the highway or neighborhoods and just walking in. Totally defeating the purpose. Everyday looks like a holiday weekend, even midweek.

Trump2020

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 26, 2020
build a wall

doc_flavonoid

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 27, 2019
best just get on the 5 and stay there. Nothing between 1st point and seaside, or even worth hitting the coast for

scooch

Nep status
Jun 14, 2013
Uh oh. Im heading up to my moms in San Simeon in a couple hours to pick up my daughter. Its a sh!t show in Ventura right now. helicopters buzzing all over the place. People walking back to their cars pissed off after being run off the beach. Couples arguing after their day at the beach is cut short. Actually quite entertaining.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
My little beachtown in god forsaken NJ is packed with the first nice day in weeks, even without parking.