Slater Designs Great White Twin

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Man, sounds like those lil Thai boys and girls are gonna be working overtime shifts the next few weeks to give first world surfers who can’t wait to ride a volcanic shark a merry xmas. Phew
Imagine those kiddies breathing in all that volcanic ash.

Builds character?

The kids in the mines of Potosi have coca en la boca and prayers to "El Tio"...

What do the Thai kids have? Bogo coupons for the redlight district?

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Its interesting Kelly said the Flat Earth was for weak waves and Great White for good waves. Being on Dukes dialed down FE version (the dark twinn), i'd say it definitely isn't a groveler
Yeah. Gonna be a lot of disappointed adult-learners in a couple months reselling 'em when they realize they don't actually surf good waves. Saw a lot of FlatEarths listed on CL, never seen one in the water. I just can't imagine they sell a lot of "good wave" boars. DannnMannns and Muchachos, sure.
Like the Tokoro roundpin, who would buy that in LFT?!?

Last edited:
Reactions: JDJ

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
More hold? The deeper the swallow, the more the tip digs into the water?
That‘s a very simplistic way to look at it. Maybe true-ish, maybe not.

Deeper swallow will also have more flex resulting in more (in effect) tail rocker which could cause less hold.

Also, how much built in, pre flex rocker does it have?

My Christensen fish - deep swallow - has almost zero tail rocker with a deep single concave. The outer edges act like another set of fins back there. But if there was vee or double concave it would feel completely different.

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Still mad at Slater for forcing us all to ride anemic, rockered out toothpicks in the 90s but this one actually looks like something I'd want to try. I'll wait till they can't sell them and they wind up at the boardsource next spring.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Still mad at Slater for forcing us all to ride anemic, rockered out toothpicks in the 90s but this one actually looks like something I'd want to try. I'll wait till they can't sell them and they wind up at the boardsource next spring.
I for one am glad he did that. Impossible for me to calculate how many additional waves I got in crowded surf because I didn’t fall for it and rode boards with more meat. Basically I was custom ordering what became the standard of today (but longer than what we typically see). If anything I was over volumed back then.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Yeah. Gonna be a lot of disappointed adult-learners in a couple months reselling 'em when they realize they don't actually surf good waves. Saw a lot of FlatEarths listed on CL, never seen one in the water. I just can't imagine they sell a lot of "good wave" boars. DannnMannns and Muchachos, sure.
Like the Tokoro roundpin, who would buy that in LFT?!?
There will be a glut of used Mashups on the market that will be sold to finance the latest and greatest.
In fact I'm already seeing it here.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ReForest

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
San Diego
Did you get his digits?
The aforementioned observation was meant as a commentary on the materialistic and patriarchal underpinnings inherent in our contemporary capitalist society. It delineates a scenario wherein an individual, characterized by both surplus caloric intake and advanced age, conspicuously possesses a technologically sophisticated apparatus that has garnered considerable public attention, even prior to its widespread availability within the commercial market.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
If you don’t know how to make twin fins. I have a few dedicated twin fin boards.

Guess what I’ve never even once thought about them….

”This thing would be easier to surf if a put an anchor on it.”
The straight-off-Adolph interpretation of fin setups I will never understand.

You can put the fastest car in the world on ice but if it's not gripping the ice it's irrelevant.

Also, there are limits to how fast you want a board to be.

Would be funny to crack open the whole fin size thing too.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Man, sounds like those lil Thai boys and girls are gonna be working overtime shifts the next few weeks to give first world surfers who can’t wait to ride a volcanic shark a merry xmas. Phew
Their tears of sadness, desperation and despair seeps into the resin, and is the magic spark that brings these borts to life.

It brings my black heart nothing but pure joy as my obese arse bogs another bottom turn, after i got hung up in the lip for a moment too long on takeoff.

Mine’s coming this week.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
The aforementioned observation was meant as a commentary on the materialistic and patriarchal underpinnings inherent in our contemporary capitalist society. It delineates a scenario wherein an individual, characterized by both surplus caloric intake and advanced age, conspicuously possesses a technologically sophisticated apparatus that has garnered considerable public attention, even prior to its widespread availability within the commercial market.
Thanks. We really appreciate the insight.

• Haha
Reactions: estreet

ReForest

Miki Dora status
Oct 7, 2020
This is an excellent twin fin template! Traditional outline. Wide tail. Straight outline. Good fin placement. Added channels for speed and hold.

IMG_9281.jpeg

IMG_9284.jpeg