Skeleton Bay

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Meh, I’d be surprised if every swell had a big crowd on it. Regardless between the remoteness, current, walk back up the point and the wave itself the place probably regulates the crowd on it’s own.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

FARTHAMMER

Nep status
Apr 19, 2009
I'm not sure my creaky old ass could just rock up and get shacked. Looks like some technical tube savvy and nimble feet are prerequisites.
I absolutely agree... Brett Barley comes to mind when I think technical tube savvy and nimble feet. He would be a good dude to ask on Social Media if an above average joe has a chance getting some good waves there or if it's a spot best suited for pro level guys. It doesn't seem like a very forgiving wave or place...

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
I heard of a very good surfer who went there, made zero waves and broke all of their boards. Don’t believe the videos showing pros and have visions of grandeur.

A good rule of thumb for me would be to find a video of a below average female pro making waves, and then base your decision on that footage.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I heard of a very good surfer who went there, made zero waves and broke all of their boards. Don’t believe the videos showing pros and have visions of grandeur.

A good rule of thumb for me would be to find a video of a below average female pro making waves, and then base your decision on that footage.

Reactions: JDJ

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Same. Two broken boards, no waves made.

Granted, he's a regularfoot, and it was a particularly large swell but he had spent the past two years living as a guide in Sumatra and can absolutely hold his own in heavy, hollow waves.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
I was advised to budget more like $5k. It is on my wish list but doubtful I'll every get there.
Just go to Huatulco. 7 nights at a hotel plus 2 tix. $1600. Pay the guide. Surf by yourself if you go early. Ask me how Donny.

Reactions: diro