SITD Up

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Enjoyed that - saw that winner coming a mile away.
I'm always blown away by how easily the guys spot a shaper, this year was particularly spot on.

fishtank

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 20, 2010
Twas very good this year, the Dane version a few years back was top notch too

shaheeb

OTF status
Feb 24, 2013
missed it, cant find on jewtube either. wonder which board shouldnt be sold to the public?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
It's weird being in the water with a pro surfer.

It's like they are a super hero.

I always feel like a looser. :poop:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
It's weird being in the water with a pro surfer.

It's like they are a super hero.

I always feel like a looser. :poop:

Sometimes yes and sometimes no.

Some guys it's just impressive to watch because they rip. A lot of the B Grade guys. ("He rips I wish I could surf like that.")

Other guys are just full on ripping + power. Completely on another level manhandling it. The level is so far beyond even the B-grade pros it's literally god-like. Jordy, T Knox (especially T. Knox), Mick. ("Surfing for them is an entirely different experience for them than it is for me. WTF am I doing?")

Reactions: waxfoot and Havoc

fishtank

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 20, 2010
Mostly a spot a couple of hours from Jbay.
But Durban and Jbay too.
I was in the water when they were filming the Jbay part so got to see the Jordy show in person. He's a beast.

Also, I watched it on Vimeo just an hour ago so it's still up.
South Coast eh? My inbox is ready for any info you may have ;)

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I always would like to know how the female brain would interpret it.

Because in the lineup they are clearly alpha making everyone else look like fools.
They would be trying to grant vagina access to get some of those superpower surf genes for their little offspring.

tedshred

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 15, 2008
Kind of a bummer to see Dane not at his full potential. He still does crazy poop but you can tell the extra weight is slowing him down and making him surf kinda jittery from lack of speed. Jordy and Fanning looked a lot better in between maneuvers. It would be cool if he held the weight off for 5 or so more years so he could put out some more A grade circa 2010 stuff.

Those Vans booties are epic. I hate boots but broke down and got a pair because I was over my sessions being cut short from numb feet. Minimal material excellent board feel. Took no time to get used to them unlike any other pair I’ve tried.

Reactions: retodd and Havoc