Should this guy be fired or not?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Rally scheduled demanding firing of Neptune Middle Schools vice principal after Smithville beer throwing incident

Smurro was at Smithville's Renaissance Fair with his wife April 24 when an argument unfolded about a woman perceived to be transgender using the women's bathroom. When a woman at another table began recording Smurro and his wife talking about it, they grew agitated to the point that Smurro threw beer at one of them.
Days later, Smurro emailed The Associated Press and apologized, saying he should have just walked away from the situation.

A rally was organized by the Philly Metro Activism Network. Scheduled for 1:45 p.m. Friday, it took place in the Neptune Board of Education parking lot, according to the event's Facebook page.
"An educator that cannot understand and defend the diversity of human beings should not be earning $120,000 a year interacting with and supervising our children," the event's About section reads.

In addition to the rally, a petition has been posted online demanding Smurro's firing. As of Friday morning, the petition had more than 3,300 signatures.
Neptune Township Superintendent Tami Crader said in a Thursday statement that the district response to the incident "has been swift and serious but cannot be made public."

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
No.

He was drinking and made a bad decision.

He just needs to apologize.

As far as Silverman goes, I wish I would have had a hate group to love me when I was young.

I kept waiting for them to appear and they never did.

I do kind of look jew-y and my friend says I get this weird judgmental look on my face when people say stuff I think is stupid.

Reactions: hal9000

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Everybody in education knows you have to be careful with your off the job behavior. Should a teacher caught doing coke in a strip club be fired?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Everybody in education knows you have to be careful with your off the job behavior. Should a teacher caught doing coke in a strip club be fired?
i was playing a weekend bar gig a few years back and a teacher friend was there.......long story short, his wife and kids were away for the weekend so he went all Ken Whiffy Jr., got pulled over for a DUI and also had some blow in the car with him.

No rehab, nothing like that, just fired.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Consider the following scenarios:

Parents in Marin County find out that a social studies teacher was a hardcore Trump supporter and contributed heavily to various right wing/pro-life causes. They circulate a petition demanding the teacher's removal.

Parents in Amarillo, TX find out that a social studies teacher was going to gay raves in Dallas on weekends and contributed to BLM and the Pete Buttigeg campaign. They circulate a petition demanding the teacher's removal.

Not too much difference in these scenarios, IMO. All the parents involved are assholes.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Consider the following scenarios:

Parents in Marin County find out that a social studies teacher was a hardcore Trump supporter and contributed heavily to various right wing/pro-life causes. They circulate a petition demanding the teacher's removal.

Parents in Amarillo, TX find out that a social studies teacher was going to gay raves in Dallas on weekends and contributed to BLM and the Pete Buttigeg campaign. They circulate a petition demanding the teacher's removal.

Not too much difference in these scenarios, IMO. All the parents involved are assholes.
Did both result in the teachers getting fired?

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Where's the union when you need em...

Does he deserve to be fired? No. Do I care that he was fired? No.

Is being a dick reason to be fired? I guess it depends on to whom one is a dick. Don't be a dick.

JTS

Legend (inyourownmind)
Sep 22, 2004
So he’s at a “renaissance fair”, gets all pissy because some chick is videoing him , and throws a beer at her.....??
He definitely needs to deadlift more :loser: