Should Smokers Get The Vaccine Before People Of The Same Age Who Don't?

Should Smokers Get The Vaccine Before People Of The Same Age Who Don't?

• Total voters

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Everyone should get it a quickly as possible. Picking and choosing slows the whole process down.

Look at California for the worst example of this.

seriously.. form a line - whoever gets in the line gets the vaccine in the order they show up. you want it? make the effort to get in line.

should be that simple.

i think GD is mad he cant get the vaccine yet for something he doesnt believe in.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Cape May County currently has the highest per-capita vaccination rate, which is odd considering that it’s not the epicenter of the outbreak in NJ.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Cape May County currently has the highest per-capita vaccination rate, which is odd considering that it’s not the epicenter of the outbreak in NJ.

Governments can make all the rules they want about who gets to cut in line. It won't make much difference. Logistics is the deciding factor in these vaccines. If an infrastructure organizes to store and administer the vaccines, and to schedule and handle the crowds, the people living around the infrastructure will get vaccinated first. Governments which outlaw this natural fact will throw away vaccine unused. People will get vaccinated at much slower rates, resulting in higher hospitalization and death rates, even for the intended first recipients.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Should corporate vice presidents get the vaccine before managers?

Should short people get the vaccine before tall people?

Should people who make less that $50k a year get the vaccine before people who make $250K?

Should surfers get it before body surfers?

The discussion is eNDlEsS!

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Governments can make all the rules they want about who gets to cut in line. It won't make much difference. Logistics is the deciding factor in these vaccines. If an infrastructure organizes to store and administer the vaccines, and to schedule and handle the crowds, the people living around the infrastructure will get vaccinated first. Governments which outlaw this natural fact will throw away vaccine unused. People will get vaccinated at much slower rates, resulting in higher hospitalization and death rates, even for the intended first recipients.
I can't believe I'm about to say this, but yes.

Other than a few obvious musts (to me, front line health care workers), they should just open the vaccine floodgates. The goal is to get as many people vaccinated as quickly as possible, not to selectively decide who gets immunity first.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Anyone who gets vaccinated will protect everyone he comes in contact with who is not vaccinated.

After first responders, nursing homes and medical people, needles in arms is the most important factor.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Put me down for public sector frontline gets it first. Hospital/Police/Fire and Teachers. Teachers are a huge deal imho productivity wise. The kids seem to be resilient on this one and it gets "muh working families" back to normal.

Governor DeSantis has prioritized the Olds. He has no choice; if he didn't, the next retard - quite possibly Matt Gaetz - would go from nursing home to nursing home sucking off anyone who can get it up for votes, and he'd get AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL the votes.

I'm just glad I can work from home. Now if this shitty January would deliver some damn surf....

Reactions: hal9000

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Anyone who gets vaccinated will protect everyone he comes in contact with who is not vaccinated.

After first responders, nursing homes and medical people, needles in arms is the most important factor.
It's funny, but you argued differently a few weeks ago. Said the vaccine wouldn't stop the spread, just reduce symptoms.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
It’s pretty fvcked up that smokers are ahead of teachers.

schools are having tons of cases right now
You're catching on. I was thinking about that while I was driving this morning that I should have added, how many teachers should die as they wait in line behind chain smokers for the vaccine?

On the flip side if teachers get the vaccine they might have to go back to teaching as they did before in the classroom.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Traitorous congresspeople who give reconnaissance tours to insurgent white-supremacist terrorists should get it first