Should people have to wait in line to vote at physical locations?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
This shows a fundamental disconnect of how we view our jobs. People comply with all kinds of invasions of privacy from their employers outside of business hours and just accept it. Whether it be social media, drug testing, asking your employees to not vacation, etc.

The complicit attitude you're showing is what allows this overreach

Also, Hal doesn't work in a restaurant; his job is going to be there no matter what. His employer asked him not to travel solely due to the optics
You always think about the what and never the why.

You completely shut down.

If some nut cuts off your hand with a machete is it the same as if your dr cuts off your hand to save your life because the limb has gangreen?

Is the dr guilty of the same o'er reach as the nut with the machete?

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
So much drama. "Complicit," LOL.

What they were asking employees was to be considerate of their co-workers and the business, meaning their own jobs, which may have been at risk.

It's a private business, the employer has a right to ask their employees to care about it. The employees have a right to say "Nah."

Also, if you don't want your employer to know what you are up to on social media, get off social media. It really is that simple.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
This shows a fundamental disconnect of how we view our jobs. People comply with all kinds of invasions of privacy from their employers outside of business hours and just accept it. Whether it be social media, drug testing, asking your employees to not vacation, etc.

The complicit attitude you're showing is what allows this overreach

Also, Hal doesn't work in a restaurant; his job is going to be there no matter what. His employer asked him not to travel solely due to the optics
no, we were asked not to travel so we could avoid quarantining and causing potential staff shortages, and fvcking over parents and students by causing schools to shut down.

some people take their professional, moral, and ethical obligations seriously and have concern for someone other than the MeMonster.

we’ve had to shut down once for two weeks and it SUCKED. I had to quarantine at home because one of my kids got sick, and that sucked even more.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Tell us about your travels over the past year. Thanks.
I went north about 100 miles, south about 125 miles, east about 25, and west, hmmm, 10.

With no real time off, this January had the option of letting some vacation time expire without being used, donate it to a co-worker, or cash it in...took the cash.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
no, we were asked not to travel so we could avoid quarantining and causing potential staff shortages, and fvcking over parents and students by causing schools to shut down.

some people take their professional, moral, and ethical obligations seriously and have concern for someone other than the MeMonster.

we’ve had to shut down once for two weeks and it SUCKED. I had to quarantine at home because one of my kids got sick, and that sucked even more.
If a school is doing remote learning, it is shut down

I haven't kept track of your saga, but was the travel ask done before or after you went back to the classroom?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
So much drama. "Complicit," LOL.

What they were asking employees was to be considerate of their co-workers and the business, meaning their own jobs, which may have been at risk.

It's a private business, the employer has a right to ask their employees to care about it. The employees have a right to say "Nah."

Also, if you don't want your employer to know what you are up to on social media, get off social media. It really is that simple.
Hal doesn't work for a private business

Your workday is the hours your at work; there's no reason an employer should ever even fathom being involved in ANYTHING an employee does on the other 16 hours a day

But HR is useless so they have to make up reasons why they're on social media all day I guess