Should people have to wait in line to vote at physical locations?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Local officials do have a direct effect on if there are lines though and how well things flow. Here it is up to the County Board Of Elections. Not sure how other states do it. They arrange the system on the local level and how well things work out on election day has a lot to do with how good of a job those people do.

I'm all for the finger in the ink method of election security. So long as its one person one vote in the municipality where they reside (not multiple votes at multiple polling places) I'm good.

1617766882622.png

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
how does the finger ink solution even make sense when we have standardized voter registration and voter check-in processes in place?

the finger dye would increase fraud because people could wash it off and just vote again?
Of course but it does bring up the debate which is shallower, GromsDad's thought process or his gene pool?

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
It's always interesting when people think "I experience X, so others do/should/could." These are the people who when traveling complain that there's no Starbucks. "We don't do it that way in America." The English are just as bad, in their own way.

Then the person says, with an air of superiority, "They should really do something about that (being able to experience X)."

And then when those others actually something about it that very same person cries foul.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
It's always interesting when people think "I experience X, so others do/should/could." These are the people who when traveling complain that there's no Starbucks. "We don't do it that way in America." The English are just as bad, in their own way.

Then the person says, with an air of superiority, "They should really do something about that (being able to experience X)."

And then when those others actually something about it that very same person cries foul.

this is what happens when a person doesn’t leave their bubble/safe space

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar

GromsDad can't even buy beer in his town. :roflmao:

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Tell us about your travels over the past year. Thanks.

On a side note you will be free of me for a few days as I embark on another surf trip late tonight.
the last year? Nowhere really. Camping in PA twice. I have family and work obligations, and my job asked us not to travel until we’re fully vaccinated. So, like, being responsible or whatever is a thing.

But it seems like Mrs. Grom is more than happy to get rid of you as much as possible.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
the last year? Nowhere really. Camping in PA twice. I have family and work obligations, and my job asked us not to travel until we’re fully vaccinated. So, like, being responsible or whatever is a thing.

But it seems like Mrs. Grom is more than happy to get rid of you as much as possible.
Having groms keeps you in the game. Love doing surf trips with my kids.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
And since when did conservatives become interested in government placing unnecessary limitations on guaranteed constitutional rights in order to solve a problem that does not exist? :loser:
ever since they became the minority party, with no chance of winning elections where there is full turnout.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
That's an extreme invasion of privacy by your employer

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
That's an extreme invasion of privacy by your employer
No it isn't. They just asked, nothing mandated, which they can't enforce anyway. I know so many restaurants that had to shut down because employees went to Las Vegas at some point to party. They came back, enough people got sick, they had to shut down even to-go business, which was the only thing keeping them afloat. They *asked* their employees not to do that again. Nothing invasive about that. Just trying to keep everyone's jobs and a business going.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
No it isn't. They just asked, nothing mandated, which they can't enforce anyway. I know so many restaurants that had to shut down because employees went to Las Vegas at some point to party. They came back, enough people got sick, they had to shut down even to-go business, which was the only thing keeping them afloat. They *asked* their employees not to do that again. Nothing invasive about that. Just trying to keep everyone's jobs and a business going.
This shows a fundamental disconnect of how we view our jobs. People comply with all kinds of invasions of privacy from their employers outside of business hours and just accept it. Whether it be social media, drug testing, asking your employees to not vacation, etc.

The complicit attitude you're showing is what allows this overreach

Also, Hal doesn't work in a restaurant; his job is going to be there no matter what. His employer asked him not to travel solely due to the optics