short board question

DublAK2

OTF status
Jun 18, 2003
NJ
Alright. For the past three years I've been surfing a 5' 10 Channel Islands Sashimi model (east coast)It's done its job. I liked it. Its getting beat up though and the dings are accumulating which suncure just doesn't cut it anymore.Another problem is that I bought the board when i was 5'6, now I'm 6'0 and catching waves is getting a little harder unless there is some swell. Bottome line is its time for a new board. Is the board to small for me now? Is that why I'm having trouble with it? I was thinking go up to 6'0 squash tail opposed to a swallow for a change.

yeahdanny

Michael Peterson status
Oct 27, 2002
port angeles, wa
go for a 6'0 or 6'1 flyer. im 6'0 and 160, and i rode a 6'0 flyer in most everything, till i expanded my quiver. its a good small board wave, but you can still take it out when it gets a bit bigger.

Normally if you have something that works for you, then stay with the same. Just order a bigger Sashimi.
But
If you are game to try something new, the go for the 6'0" Flyer. The rocker on that is relatively similar to the Sashimi, so it won't feel totally foriegn, but will give a different experience with the tail setup.
Make sure to compensate for added weight with added width and thickness as well.
Good luck