Shipping boards to Japan (not travelling with)

Jul 31, 2005
I did a search and came up dry, so I'll risk the flames.

Im looking to ship my 7'0" shortboard from San Diego, CA (My birthplace and home for most of my adult life) to Miyazaki Japan (my new home).

Like an idiot when I had to cut back on the items I was shipping over vs. storing (in case things didnt go well here) I decided that my board could stand a few more months out of water. Well, now Ive got a basic lay of the land and NEED it. But being 6'3" tall doesnt lend itself to buying boards off the rack ANYWHERE much less Japan. The relative thats hanging on to the remainder of my gear stateside is crunched on time and isnt able to take my board to the shipper I used when I moved here.

So, its either buy a used longboard, find a shipper that will give me an estimated cost, or look for a local shaper and cough up about $1200 for a SHORTBOARD. (so far Japanese shippers INSIST on calling my cell phone when Im at WORK and cannot talk instead of answering via email as requested...yeah, I speak/read/write the language)

Has anyone shipped a board from mainland US to Japan and how much did it cost you? Did you use ship or plane?

Jul 31, 2005
Sorry man. That website is a little uncooperative. If I cant trust them to keep up a professional site, can I trust them with shipping my treasured board halfway around the planet without problems?

Thanks for the shout out though.

coquearaujo

Miki Dora status
Aug 18, 2004
Nigrán, Galiza, Europe
www.waira.com
TFAD, what about shipping surfboards to Spain (Europe)???

I'm searching for a good method so i can do it some times a year.

Coque.

PS: Email me with your shipping address and i'll send you a copy of the Spanish magazine with the Campbell Bros interview!