Shingles

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
I have been wearing one pretty consistently since I recovered because turns out... wearing a hat in the sun is pretty nice. Definitely expect to be at the receiving end of some extra wave jockeying. haha

• Haha
Reactions: oeste858

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Did you have chicken pox as a kid?
I thought only people who had it can get shingles?
Damn. I talked about getting the shingles vaccine last year because my doc recommended it. I kicked mt colonoscopy down the road too. fook.
I think you get the chicken pox vaccine.

I believe the shingles vax is a combination of chicken pox vax and something else

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I am also procrastinating my first colonoscopy recommended at my last GP physical. Sounds awful
Worst part about it is having to hear the jokes from your friends.

And then when they either get one too or die of colon cancer (or something else they don't do preventative maintenance for), you can either stoop to their level or just go, "Yeah, I remember."

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA
I'm going to ask my Doc for the shingles vaccine at my next appointment after reading this thread! Had my first colonoscopy a couple weeks ago... I changed out of my clothes into the smock, the nurse put an IV in, asked me if I was comfortable and then I came to 45 minutes later. No recollection whatsoever of ANYTHING. No pain, no nothing. I'm not even sure they did anything :roflmao:In any event, I'm good for another 10 years, or at least that's what they told me.