Sharpeye Surfboards

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
You do you. But if XTR is still running their 100 bucks off code, they turned around my DC in barely 4 weeks last year

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Tough call TBH. If you are already a fan of XTR it could be worth the wait.

My DC is pu/pe, tri fin and it's a great board. Thruster in juicier waves, Twin/Trailer in the smol stuff.

Glass job seems above average for an OTR board.

cjs2002

Nep status
Jan 24, 2008
Tough call TBH. If you are already a fan of XTR it could be worth the wait.

My DC is pu/pe, tri fin and it's a great board. Thruster in juicier waves, Twin/Trailer in the smol stuff.

Glass job seems above average for an OTR board.
i picked up the PU thruster. Gonna throw in some futures P8s to start

Reactions: Aruka

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
This thing felt amazing today. Hadnt ridden the disco cheater since i got the og disco a couple months ago but today i took it out in some fun chest high runners and had a blast. First time trying the H4 fins and thought they might be a little stiff but it wasnt the case. Lots of drive and hold but they didnt feel sticky or tracky or anything. DC is a board that feels easy to surf well on, even when the waves arent firing.20230126_131224.jpg

Feb 13, 2022
San Diego
I sold my I72 after a few frustrating sessions on it. I think it might be too HP for the softer reefs I surf. The deep concave under the fins also didnt feel that great on some of the bigger days. The board would go great in 3-5ft steeper surf, but so do a lot of my other boards. Maybe Ive just forgotten how to ride a HPSB.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
This thing felt amazing today. Hadnt ridden the disco cheater since i got the og disco a couple months ago but today i took it out in some fun chest high runners and had a blast. First time trying the H4 fins and thought they might be a little stiff but it wasnt the case. Lots of drive and hold but they didnt feel sticky or tracky or anything. DC is a board that feels easy to surf well on, even when the waves arent firing.View attachment 146862
Have you been made aware that those H4's are Swiss engineered?

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Have you been made aware that those H4's are Swiss engineered?
Hah. Yeah I think havoc might have mentioned it once or twice.

I bonked them pretty good on a boulder paddling back out after a small one and the damage was minimal. Only Swiss engineered fins for me from now on.

• Love
Reactions: MathDebater and jkb

cjs2002

Nep status
Jan 24, 2008
This thing felt amazing today. Hadnt ridden the disco cheater since i got the og disco a couple months ago but today i took it out in some fun chest high runners and had a blast. First time trying the H4 fins and thought they might be a little stiff but it wasnt the case. Lots of drive and hold but they didnt feel sticky or tracky or anything. DC is a board that feels easy to surf well on, even when the waves arent firing.View attachment 146862
how tall are you and what size is your DC?

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I sold my I72 after a few frustrating sessions on it. I think it might be too HP for the softer reefs I surf. The deep concave under the fins also didnt feel that great on some of the bigger days. The board would go great in 3-5ft steeper surf, but so do a lot of my other boards. Maybe Ive just forgotten how to ride a HPSB.
Not terribly surprised to see. More of a specialized boar for the cbad area. Couple breaks come to mind but I usually surf when crowded and have all but given up on hpsb’s aside from mid-day mid-week sessions.

I could see the disco cheater much more interesting but there is a reason you see so many peeps on fish in NCSD.

Feb 13, 2022
San Diego
Not terribly surprised to see. More of a specialized boar for the cbad area. Couple breaks come to mind but I usually surf when crowded and have all but given up on hpsb’s aside from mid-day mid-week sessions.

I could see the disco cheater much more interesting but there is a reason you see so many peeps on fish in NCSD.
I had a 5'10 DC in the E2 tech for a few weeks. It felt good, but it still didnt have the low end I was looking for. Flat rocker twin fins / fish are almost always more fun where I surf.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
how does the DC compare to a GX?
TBH this 5-11 DC feels pretty similar to a 6-0 GX I had. I actually feel some similarities between a couple of the Sharpeyes and Stamps that I have. The Habenero and I72 have a similar balance and vibe, for example. When I got my i72 it instantly reminded me of the Hab. Just that feeling like you are riding on a bubble of energy and the board is ready to react with the slightest input.

I think the DC is a little more fishy up front compared to a GX. I don't have a GX at the moment to compare but I think the DC has slightly lower and smoother rocker overall and no hip. It's a little easier to surf for that reason. I don't think it has any more low end than the GX because the tail is fairly narrow and thin but it just has a little more glide, perhaps.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
TBH this 5-11 DC feels pretty similar to a 6-0 GX I had. I actually feel some similarities between a couple of the Sharpeyes and Stamps that I have. The Habenero and I72 have a similar balance and vibe, for example. When I got my i72 it instantly reminded me of the Hab. Just that feeling like you are riding on a bubble of energy and the board is ready to react with the slightest input.

I think the DC is a little more fishy up front compared to a GX. I don't have a GX at the moment to compare but I think the DC has slightly lower and smoother rocker overall and no hip. It's a little easier to surf for that reason. I don't think it has any more low end than the GX because the tail is fairly narrow and thin but it just has a little more glide, perhaps.
ode to my GX hp-dd crush. gx def has the stamps nose and tail rocker flips in the last 3".

is the nose on the DC ~13" @ 12" in the nose and ~14.75" @12" in the tail?

Reactions: daave