Sharpeye Surfboards

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
I don't know what it's like Danelaw or wherever but in the USA, any town with a decent surfing population and a few spots is sure to have local shapers who mostly do average wave thrusters. Maybe you just consume too much shitty media because of your Google recs after all the times you e-shopped for a 50# step-through single speed bike made of discarded slag with a coaster brake. And a wicker basket and a fucking bell.

Not sure how many Sauritch or Plus One or Pride or Stoneman or J7 or Cannibal or Orion or Whisnant or Heritage you see Nordoppajutland but the brands exist.
And they all suck.

The bike is great btw!

Last edited:

surfwhere

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 5, 2008
Norf Cackalacka
Visit site
Not sure if you're being sarc but they don't suck. I've seen Marcio himself give a few of them compliments.

Outside of shaping to get big, there are life choices as well as business and politics. Marcio is a master at shaping and business. Shaping more than business but his business sense helped a lot. If it was the other way around, he'd be rich and surfing all the time instead inhaling dust and fumes. That is what he'd say. That is what they all say.

tedshred

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 15, 2008
I'm loving the Disco Cheater. I haven't surfed it a ton because it's been small and I've been trying to rehab my knee but every session I've had on it it has felt really good. Last 3-4 sessions I've been running the MF Twin/Trailer set and I really like the way it feels with that setup. I probably wouldn't have tried this setup but Racer said he liked his with twin/trailer so I gave it a shot. No issues sliding out or anything, feels like a good thruster with a bit less drag.

Being rather short and not super fishy the board doesn't paddle around amazingly but it's not too bad. It gets into waves just fine often letting me glide in fairly early if I get up over the nose and get a few good paddles in. It has enough curve to keep the nose out of trouble on a late drop too. The tail holds in on a hard bottom turn and the board comes around quickly off the top. Feels equally good frontside and backside. It's really predictable and mindless to surf and I rarely have any weird moments that I could blame on the board. Especially coming off the i72 it feels like there is no adjustment needed it just has a little more glide and fits in the pocket better in smaller surf.
What's the sweet spot wave size for this board? At some point I need to replace my I72 and figure maybe throw one of these on the order for shits and giggles.

Reactions: j_mac and Aruka

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
I’ve only had mine out once (very positive first impression) so I’ll let others weigh in on range. It is a really interesting board in a good way.

Both the boards below are 5’10 19.875. The DC carries more width through the nose and definitely looks like hybrid to the eye. Their website says it has a flat entry and flat exit rocker. I guess everything is relative to your baseline, but it’s got more rocker than I’ve ever seen in this type of board. The Stretch Skate is what I’d call a low rocker “short board”. The DC has a full inch more at the tip of the nose and half an inch more at the tail. The outline/rocker comBo seems to work. But not what I was expecting from their website.

D2229401-E65D-4C33-A1DE-43088AA4885C.jpeg

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
What's the sweet spot wave size for this board? At some point I need to replace my I72 and figure maybe throw one of these on the order for shits and giggles.
Thigh to head high, I guess. Maybe bigger if it's mushy and smaller if it's shapely. To me it basically slots in between a full on groveler and a HPSB with a bit of overlap at each end. Feels like a pretty seamless transition between it and the i72. It surfs very similarly just with more glide and spark in weaker/smaller surf.

It doesn't grovel quite as well as something like a Puddle Jumper or Fling but running it as a twin trailer it's got a pretty decent low end and it performs better than the super grovelers when a good section presents itself.

tedshred

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 15, 2008
Thigh to head high, I guess. Maybe bigger if it's mushy and smaller if it's shapely. To me it basically slots in between a full on groveler and a HPSB with a bit of overlap at each end. Feels like a pretty seamless transition between it and the i72. It surfs very similarly just with more glide and spark in weaker/smaller surf.

It doesn't grovel quite as well as something like a Puddle Jumper or Fling but running it as a twin trailer it's got a pretty decent low end and it performs better than the super grovelers when a good section presents itself.
Nice, just sold an old Uber Driver that can justify the purchase. I've had a Disco Inferno blem that I scored for very cheap. Volume was a touch smaller than usual so I I've had it sitting for half a year. Finally surfed it today and was pretty stoked on it. Will need to surf it a bit more to say for sure but I think I might even like it more than the I72. Feels a little more neutral and less twitchy than the I72. I72 is great but sometimes I feel like it wants a flatter wave or it feels out of control. Switching from Merrick Large to Fanning larges helped somewhat.