Sharpeye Surfboards

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
I just got ahold of a Disco Cheater and threw some AM2 thruster fins in it and holy sh!t it's an amazing little board. Shocking really -- feels like it's got a little motor in it and it's really smooth and just turns on a dime. Pretty eye-opening... totally get the Sharp Eye kool aid now.

cjs2002

Nep status
Jan 24, 2008
felt up a 5'8 Disco Cheater in PU at surf ride yesterday. looked really good and the price was right....might pull the trigger.

Reactions: Aruka

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
now try it as a quad
Will do.

Only issue with the board is that it's a PU/PE glassed so light it turns in to a golf ball if I look at it wrong. No sh!t I could ding that board over the phone. I think it's a Surf Factory board. I have a bunch of boards in a warehouse that were show props, most of them are crappy seconds and no name shapes, this was one of the gems.

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
What are the dims on your I72? Definitely an awesome board... waiting on a custom from dark arts.

Didn't you also take a pyzel mini-ghost?

Has anyone seen the twin turbo in person? Prettttttty sick.
Its a stock 6'0 (6' 0"x19.75x2.6250x31.5L ) I'm 6'0 and ~180lbs

Brought a 6'2 driver 2.0 and a 5'10 twin pin too, but the waves never really got that great till the last day.

I72 felt like I had insane drive and speed right off the bat. Felt best in the rivermouth wave which was consistently better than the point in el zonte.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Will do.

Only issue with the board is that it's a PU/PE glassed so light it turns in to a golf ball if I look at it wrong. No sh!t I could ding that board over the phone. I think it's a Surf Factory board. I have a bunch of boards in a warehouse that were show props, most of them are crappy seconds and no name shapes, this was one of the gems.
wow that is a score

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Yeah im pretty stocked on the DC. Tempted to try a regular Disco next. Maybe a swallow tail.

Reactions: jkb

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
I'm loving the Disco Cheater. I haven't surfed it a ton because it's been small and I've been trying to rehab my knee but every session I've had on it it has felt really good. Last 3-4 sessions I've been running the MF Twin/Trailer set and I really like the way it feels with that setup. I probably wouldn't have tried this setup but Racer said he liked his with twin/trailer so I gave it a shot. No issues sliding out or anything, feels like a good thruster with a bit less drag.

Being rather short and not super fishy the board doesn't paddle around amazingly but it's not too bad. It gets into waves just fine often letting me glide in fairly early if I get up over the nose and get a few good paddles in. It has enough curve to keep the nose out of trouble on a late drop too. The tail holds in on a hard bottom turn and the board comes around quickly off the top. Feels equally good frontside and backside. It's really predictable and mindless to surf and I rarely have any weird moments that I could blame on the board. Especially coming off the i72 it feels like there is no adjustment needed it just has a little more glide and fits in the pocket better in smaller surf.
Does your DC have any hint of a double running through the fins? Their website says it does, but my xtr looks like a really deep single; and if there’s a hint of double in there I can’t see it.

Thinking their website is wrong though. Both Noel and Boardshop’s vids mention a deep single all the way.

B4864EBD-ABBA-4A0B-9647-54197D82A8A2.jpeg

Last edited:

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Does your DC have any hint of a double running through the fins? Their website says it does, but my xtr looks like a really deep single; and if there’s a hint of double in there I can’t see it.

Thinking their website is wrong though. Both Noel and Boardshop’s vids mention a deep single all the way.

View attachment 136467
yeah mine looks like single concave as well

Reactions: spjones123

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
Three out of the top 5 in the World are on Sharp Eyes; Toledo, Robinson and Igarashi. All surfing on finals day.
Not by random chance there are a countless hipster shitstick brands, but very few shortboard shredbrands. Adding 30 CUBIX LITARS to a board and painting it brown will turn every turd surfboard into a yoga soulboard, while disquising its shortcommings in design. Sharp Eye is the sh!t!

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Not by random chance there are a countless hipster shitstick brands, but very few shortboard shredbrands. Adding 30 CUBIX LITARS to a board and painting it brown will turn every turd surfboard into a yoga soulboard, while disquising its shortcommings in design. Sharp Eye is the sh!t!
I don't know what it's like Danelaw or wherever but in the USA, any town with a decent surfing population and a few spots is sure to have local shapers who mostly do average wave thrusters. Maybe you just consume too much shitty media because of your Google recs after all the times you e-shopped for a 50# step-through single speed bike made of discarded slag with a coaster brake. And a wicker basket and a fucking bell.

Not sure how many Sauritch or Plus One or Pride or Stoneman or J7 or Cannibal or Orion or Whisnant or Heritage you see Nordoppajutland but the brands exist.