Sharpeye Surfboards

Jan 4, 2019
Lisbon, Portugal
Little late to the party but a Modern2 came up at a really good price, any feedback on this one?

Used to love the Psycho Killer with AM 2+1 so I think this would be a fun board as well..

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Little late to the party but a Modern2 came up at a really good price, any feedback on this one?

Used to love the Psycho Killer with AM 2+1 so I think this would be a fun board as well..
I had one for awhile, it's a fun board, it's more hp than fishy if that's what you're going for. My best sessions on it were in high tide peaky beachbreak with bigger twins and no trailer.

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
I can't seem to find a description of the Synergy other than some IG posts:

"developed for explosive control and supreme performance in quality waves"

How is it different than the #77?

Last edited:
Reactions: j_mac

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
I can't seem to find a description of the Synergy other than some IG posts:

"developed for explosive control and supreme performance in quality waves"

How is it different than the #77?
Based on the OK model with a tiny bit more width in the nose and tail and a little bit less rocker than the 77. It also seems to have lower rails than the 77. This isn't an official description, just what I've seen and heard.

Reactions: j_mac and ChaseTMP

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
Got a chance to get this board in the water today. The thing is an absolute knife. Very fast, very loose, very precise. Not terribly forgiving. It's a little bit small for me at 6'1 x 19.25 x 2.55 30L to be riding as a step-up. If it were 2.625" thick and 31L it would be perfect. Will be ordering ASAP.IMG_1044.jpg

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
Got a chance to get this board in the water today. The thing is an absolute knife. Very fast, very loose, very precise. Not terribly forgiving. It's a little bit small for me at 6'1 x 19.25 x 2.55 30L to be riding as a step-up. If it were 2.625" thick and 31L it would be perfect. Will be ordering ASAP.View attachment 140153
Nice toenail flex.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Does Felipe really ride the FT quad with H4 FCS 2 fins? I’ve never tried them but wanted to. They look pretty strange

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
Anyone ridden/seen in person a modern 2.5?
I had a modern 2 twin fin with a swallow. I've seen the 2.5. It has about the same foil but its much rounder in the front and back than the Modern 2 I had a couple of years ago. Which kind of had an outline a bit like the only school Merrick twin finner and was pretty pointy on both ends.

Reactions: spjones123

Tomay

OTF status
Feb 2, 2010
I rode a custom stretched out modern 2 I took a punt on second hand for 2 surfs then got rid of it. Thing was terrible for me.

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
Does Felipe really ride the FT quad with H4 FCS 2 fins? I’ve never tried them but wanted to. They look pretty strange
They do look strange. I'm intrigued. I like things that look different. Wish they would release them in futures.

Reactions: JDJ

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Sharpeye disco feels amazing so far. First sesh went Rasta twin/trailer. Felt great. Definitely on the loose side but for the flat faced reef waves it was a blast. 2nd session today at the same wave I ran a quad setup. Pyzel control M fronts, nvs JC rears. Fark me it felt good. Stiffened it up a little bit but really added to the drive and control. I rarely ride a shortboard at this spot because all of the curve is in the upper half of the wave and it can be frustrating trying to generate speed and fit in turns on such a burger but I never felt like i was looking for speed and I was actually finding good turn sections. Been a while since I've ridden a quad shortboard and I'd forgotten how good they are for holding speed through turns. No issues with trackiness or trouble pivoting or anything.

The shape itself is somewhat of a trip. If I'm honest I was expecting something a little more chunky or at least wider up front since it's listed as a "hybrid". The nose is only 12 inches wide. Tail is like 14 7/8" so not super wide either. Very foiled throughout. Maybe a little extra thickness up through the nose but nothing crazy. So far it feels pretty mindless to surf though. The rocker is so familiar feeling after having an i72 and Disco Cheater. Similar feeling speed and glide to the disco cheater but it's more of a blade and there's no nose to catch in critical sections.

6'1 x 19.6 x 2.6 32.6L (supposedly, feels like less) XTR 10.0 glassed, SL-C, flex value 5
20221021_113309.jpg
20221021_113322.jpg

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
we are enablers here at the erbb, yolo that shiz with a new set of quads. And dont forget to tell them brock says to buy it. He needs to solidify he is a force in the indusrty:D
Unfortunately the good wave season is coming to a close here. Do need a small wave board though and seriously looking at a Disco cheater or Maguro with a quad setup.