Sharpeye Maguro review

SurfMission

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 13, 2009
I would be interested to know any ride reports from the Maguro. I felt one up at SurfRide and came very close to walking out of there with it... Sometimes it ticks me off that they don't take Amex, sometimes it saves me from myself.

They had a quad version there as well.

Reactions: Aruka
Jun 8, 2017
Trinidad
I would be interested to know any ride reports from the Maguro...
I borrowed and rode a 5'4" stock Maguro at a right point break for about a week in waist high to overhead conditions with Keels, (Can't remember what size). The board was about 3 litres more than my shortboards.
This was one of my best experiences on a surfboard to date. I was able to still approach the lip vertically and lift the tail out of the wave easily. Didn't feel like I had to push as hard through turns, it was more about harnessing the incredible amount of speed that was available. The real revelation came to me when I was presented with an impossibly long flat section in front of me with no hope of getting to the next surfable section 100 yards + further down the line. I just floored it and started feeding rail to rail on the long slopey gutless section, and this thing just kept picking up speed till it felt like I was on some kind of foil or something; Got to the reform and was able to get three really inspired turns in and finish the wave. Insane.

So here I am now searching Maguro on Forums and looking at fishes.

Feb 3, 2015
LA County
I borrowed and rode a 5'4" stock Maguro at a right point break for about a week in waist high to overhead conditions with Keels, (Can't remember what size). The board was about 3 litres more than my shortboards.
This was one of my best experiences on a surfboard to date. I was able to still approach the lip vertically and lift the tail out of the wave easily. Didn't feel like I had to push as hard through turns, it was more about harnessing the incredible amount of speed that was available. The real revelation came to me when I was presented with an impossibly long flat section in front of me with no hope of getting to the next surfable section 100 yards + further down the line. I just floored it and started feeding rail to rail on the long slopey gutless section, and this thing just kept picking up speed till it felt like I was on some kind of foil or something; Got to the reform and was able to get three really inspired turns in and finish the wave. Insane.

So here I am now searching Maguro on Forums and looking at fishes.
How tall are you? Was debating the 5'4." Volume wise it works but seems short for me at being almost 6ft