Shaper Shot by Police

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
A 50 year old Hispanic man was shot and killed by police when he pointed his rifle at them yesterday. I caught the end of a news report this afternoon treat the victim was a surfboard shaper and worked in Oceanside. Suicide by cop? Maybe he was tired of the drive from San Ysidro to O'side.

May 24, 2007
Not a shaper. He was a glasser. He worked for a glass shop in San Clemente. His name was Alfonso. R.I.P. amigo.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
john4surf said:
A 50 year old Hispanic man was shot and killed by police when he pointed his rifle at them yesterday. I caught the end of a news report this afternoon treat the victim was a surfboard shaper and worked in Oceanside. Suicide by cop? Maybe he was tired of the drive from San Ysidro to O'side.
You're a punk

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
MrDobalina said:
john4surf said:
You're a punk
MAGA hiding behind bible and god etc and yes a punk a$$....

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
You fools have no idea who you're talking to

Waaaaaah mean man made joke waaaaaaaaah

Dude went after someone with a gun and got shot for it, he's no angel just because he helped build surfboards

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
ifallalot said:

Dude went after someone with a gun and got shot for it, he's no angel just because he helped build surfboards

Im happy he got shot if that is what he wanted.

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
Is it just me or does it seem odd that the officers shoot the guy multiple times (obviously to kill him) and then try to revive him.
If they wanted him alive why not shoot at the legs to take him out?
I know, I know, because he could potentially still be able to shoot the firearm, kind of a weird deal.

BTW, how you guys accessing the emoticons?

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
SBSteve said:
Is it just me or does it seem odd that the officers shoot the guy multiple times (obviously to kill him) and then try to revive him.
I know, I know, because he could potentially still be able to shoot the firearm, kind of a weird deal.

lethal force is just that - only used to kill.

this isn't the movies; when law enforcement pulls a gun out it is to kill someone.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
SBSteve said:

They're taught to shoot at center mass since its the easiest to hit in a threat situation.

They're probably some rule where they're required to attempt to revive him regardless of how much they turn the body into hamburger

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
I should probably know the answer to this since my brother-in-law is a cop.
I'll ask him and get back to ya.

QuadFin

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 10, 2018
Autoprax said:
ifallalot said:

Im happy he got shot if that is what he wanted.
What about guy who has to shoot him? He probably not feel good going home.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
MrDobalina said:
john4surf said:
You're a punk
You're a fag.