SF beatdown

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
There is an obvious middle ground between the hell on earth, Schadenfreudean, clickbait that has major cities rotting in a mountain of tents, meth, fent, Walgreens goods, and sh!t and the nothing-is-wrong-its-fine voices.

Drugs exist outside of city centers and people use them.
Drugs are used indoors and outdoors.
Fent is very lethal.
Pills are dangerous.

Reactions: Woke AF

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
She's a drug user (sure, likely an addict) because she uses meth.
She's homeless because she doesn't have place to live.
How do you end-up homeless? The overwhelming majority of people have somewhere to go, especially if they have a job. It's through drug use most of the time. Many drug users end up losing their minds like the kid down the street who is now on tons of anti-psychotic meds after he got into hard drug use, or like Andrew Doheny who has been hospitalized for temporary psychosis which will probably become permanent at some point in the future. Either mental institutions care for these people or friends and relatives do. The latter can't or won't do it after a certain point - imagine trying to work and take care of your own kids and work while dealing with a psychotic drug addict. Thus, they get told to leave and end up on the street. There are plenty who don't totally lose their minds who are still homeless because they can't hold down a job and get kicked-out by friends and relatives because of their erratic behavior and theft. The pot dealers that moved in down the street from me housed an uncle who was addicted to meth. When he wasn't using, he was a nice, normal dude. When he was on, he was trying to fight the neighbors. Sooner or later, these people get told to leave. Once they're on the street, they have to fund their drug use by flying a sign, boosting, and prostitution. These people are often frank about it.

We need to get these people into treatment so they can re-integrate into society. Furthermore, we must hang the drug dealers.

Reactions: hammies

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Alcohol ruins lives.
Meth puts people on the street and keeps 'em there.
Fentanyl puts people in graves.

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
Speaking of homeless...

Went to downtown San Diego for a Padres game a few days ago. It was disgusting and I don't understand how the city leaders let it get to that point.

I can't even take my kids to a game because I wouldn't feel safe walking around the area.

Reactions: PRCD

pee_pee

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 25, 2012
SF is rad, I love it here.
The positives way outweigh the half dozen penises and maybe 3 guys I see take a crap every year.
Tons of stuff to do in the city and surrounded by nature on all sides. For me, can't beat it.

Reactions: slipped_disc

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Speaking of homeless...

Went to downtown San Diego for a Padres game a few days ago. It was disgusting and I don't understand how the city leaders let it get to that point.

I can't even take my kids to a game because I wouldn't feel safe walking around the area.
That area is so gentrified compared to what it used to be.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
That area is so gentrified compared to what it used to be.
This is one of the situations where the city built it thinking the homeless would leave. But they didn’t.

The homeless and derelicts were there long before east village.