Self-defense Texas Style

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
It’s not a reality. It’s a widely discredited very old theory that has failed multiple attempts at replication.

It‘s probably good to remember that psychology is NOT a science.

This from the wiki: "Further, that the presence of guns may have had an inhibitory effect on physical violence."

I think a more accurate description is that brandishing guns can trigger a fight/flight response.

This might both decrease and increase the chance of violence because we can't predict the expression of the fight/flight response. Some people will fight when others, like me, run.

And it if it does trigger violence it's more likely deadly violence.

I should be a psychologist. :dancing:

Last edited:
Reactions: plasticbertrand

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
This from the wiki: "Further, that the presence of guns may have had an inhibitory effect on physical violence."

I think a more accurate description is that brandishing guns can trigger a fight/flight response.

This might both decrease and increase the chance of violence because we can't predict the expression of the fight/flight response. Some people will fight when others, like me, run.

And it if it does trigger violence it's more likely deadly violence.

I should be a psychologist. :dancing:
Remember in the PT book when he goes to Oaxaca and the guy tells him how when everyone carries a machete nobody wants to start cutting?
292EE7B6-6ED1-4C0E-9336-427252CF06CE.jpeg

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
That conversation between the woman videoing and the shooter as dumb-ass lay dying has to be one of the colder things I’ve seen. Shut the Fvck up and apply some pressure or something. Pretend you give .2 fvcks about the guy dying on the porch. They just kind of continued the argument like somebody got hit with a water balloon or something.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
That conversation between the woman videoing and the shooter as dumb-ass lay dying has to be one of the colder things I’ve seen. Shut the fvvk up and apply some pressure or something. Pretend you give .2 fvcks about the guy dying on the porch.
did anyone attempt anything like that at all? I'd think the murderer should have been the first to at least make an attempt.

also, why aren't all the pro-life people mad about this?

does anyone read the 10 commandments anymore?

Reactions: $kully

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
I agree re the lawyer. Not over.

And “Sorry son, mommies boyfriend killed your daddy. What do you want for Christmas?”

Kids going to need some therapy.

Last edited:

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
That conversation between the woman videoing and the shooter as dumb-ass lay dying has to be one of the colder things I’ve seen. Shut the fvvk up and apply some pressure or something. Pretend you give .2 fvcks about the guy dying on the porch. They just kind of continued the argument like somebody got hit with a water balloon or something.
thats what tripped me out.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
That conversation between the woman videoing and the shooter as dumb-ass lay dying has to be one of the colder things I’ve seen. Shut the fvvk up and apply some pressure or something. Pretend you give .2 fvcks about the guy dying on the porch. They just kind of continued the argument like somebody got hit with a water balloon or something.
Like I said earlier, evil woman

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Remember in the PT book when he goes to Oaxaca and the guy tells him how when everyone carries a machete nobody wants to start cutting?
View attachment 119942
It was like that in El Salvador when I went. Some American was going off in the water and one of the El Salvadorian surfers said, the locals would just settle his hash with their machete.

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Even though the mom and the boyfriend are morally wrong here, it's still a good shoot

Peak Darwin to get in the face of someone who's holding a gun while you're unarmed, holding a skateboard, etc. Besides that, the dad was on someone else's property

Just because we have a simp acting under the thrall of an evil woman doesn't change the way the law works
guy clearly is an idiot, ego got the best of him now he's toast

it's Texas so the shooter will probably walk free and get an honorary medal for his service

Reactions: Ifallalot

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I wouldn’t be surprised if this was premeditated. Guns solve everything, including custody battles! :dancing: