Self-defense Texas Style

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I have zero doubts that this gun nut will walk away unscathed. Aside from the fact that his girlfriend is a judge, gun laws in states like
Texas protect this kind of behavior. He was on his own property and the victim clearly got in his face and grabbed for the gun. That’s all indisputable. The problem is the law doesn’t seem to care that a purely verbal altercation became a deadly altercation within moments of a gun being introduced to the scene.

Reactions: plasticbertrand

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I have zero doubts that this gun nut will walk away unscathed. Aside from the fact that his girlfriend is a judge, gun laws in states like
Texas protect this kind of behavior. He was on his own property and the victim clearly got in his face and grabbed for the gun. That’s all indisputable. The problem is the law doesn’t seem to care that a purely verbal altercation became a deadly altercation within moments of a gun being introduced to the scene.
Trespassing on private property means it's not purely verbal

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
That is some Wild West sh!t.

I love how they just ignore the guy after he shot him. :roflmao:

Wouldn't the human reaction be to offer first aid?

fucking hill billies.

I like the clucking chicken sound effect.

This show down had been a long time coming, I bet.
Republicans gonna Republican

Reactions: $kully

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
All depends on the law is written in Texas, he did grab for gun, then backed away and was shot. possibly legal. morally indefensible,

Reactions: plasticbertrand

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
What first brought this miscarriage of justice to your attention?

Had you shot him with your .22 rifle in LA wouldn’t he be just as dead?

Is this gonna be the next 20 page thread?

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Not to mention he shook him off and then shot him.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
So, are you saying that the guy was smart for getting shot?

(You ended your sentence with a comma (,), I finished it for you)
No, I misinterpreted the comment based on our previous acrimonious exchanges, thanks for noticing the typo.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Last edited: