Seeking Hawaiian family Law attorney

Geopac

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 28, 2003
Ballast Point
Can anyone on Oahu/Maui provide me a family Law attorney referral over in the Islands? My son's alcoholic transient Mom is taking me to court trying to establish sole custody with minimal visitation. My son is here with me in San Diego and I'm fighting an uphill battle trying to establish some kind of custody to try and keep him here. His mom has neglected him his entire life and exposed him to constant toxic situations usually with police involved. This process has been extremely difficult and I'm mentally exhausted but trying to keep my sh*t together for him. Any help is truly appreciated.

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
thats some tough stuff. keep a cool head, have a plan, don't take bait and
no cops or jail. easy to say i know.

you know this but going surfing is good for mental exhaustion.
:jamon:

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Can anyone on Oahu/Maui provide me a family Law attorney referral over in the Islands? My son's alcoholic transient Mom is taking me to court trying to establish sole custody with minimal visitation. My son is here with me in San Diego and I'm fighting an uphill battle trying to establish some kind of custody to try and keep him here. His mom has neglected him his entire life and exposed him to constant toxic situations usually with police involved. This process has been extremely difficult and I'm mentally exhausted but trying to keep my sh*t together for him. Any help is truly appreciated.
Hope you work this out. It was good to see you at the base with your grom. Understand mothers have alot of rights no matter how fucked up they are and keep your cool. Try to reach out to her family to help them understand the situation. I hope you dont have to pay tens of thousands to fight her.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
How does this work? Why would this be difficult and costly if the mother is "an alcoholic transient" and "has neglected him his entire life and exposed him to constant toxic situations usually with police involved" ?

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
I know a mother who's boyfriend and father of her 2 young children started taking meth .
One morning he pushed her onto the couch with a hatchet against her neck.
She took her 6 month old to the inlaws who were watching their 2 year old - no one came to the door .
She returned to the apt with the baby in her arms , opened the door and he was standing there in body armour drunk with his AR 15 and fired 1 shot at her .
She ran and called the Police - he had trashed the place as well.
Next day after he was arrested the DCS came and took her kids claimg she was an unfit mother staying in this relationship + conditon of the house .
After 4 months of investigations etc . the charges against her were dropped and her kids were returned .
Now she's in a battle for custody with the boyfriend who's in jail .
Battling a piece of ------ which may take another 6 months

HarryLopez2

Legend (inyourownmind)
Sep 11, 2020
Reached out to an old high school friend who might know, will report back when he responds. Wasn't craig12345 a type of lawyer in the 808?

xxx

Nep status
Nov 18, 2006
File for sole custody in family court in san diego. The court is interested in the best interest of the child. HOW long has your son lived with you? How did you end up with your son? Do you have emails or any other communication with your ex/estranged wife? ALL of this is considered. Sounds like a jurisdictional dispute, then a custody issue.

I am NOT a lawyer, but I went through the wringer with my ex.

You CAN do the groundwork yourself. There are a lot of resources available, regardless of gender.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
File for sole custody in family court in san diego. The court is interested in the best interest of the child. HOW long has your son lived with you? How did you end up with your son? Do you have emails or any other communication with your ex/estranged wife? ALL of this is considered. Sounds like a jurisdictional dispute, then a custody issue.

I am NOT a lawyer, but I went through the wringer with my ex.

You CAN do the groundwork yourself. There are a lot of resources available, regardless of gender.
Great response! Bummer situation.

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
yes craig was a lawyer

geo pac is good guy - hope he gets kid

i guess i was lucky in a way - my ex just abandoned our kid - drugs and alcohol (mental issues) aint no f"ckn joke

stay strong geo - that little guy needs you to balance his world

Last edited:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
If your ex is a wacked addict do you even need a lawyer? I would think this sort of stuff (inebriated addict irresponsible criminal parents) is cut and dry, but I am naive to family court.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
How does this work? Why would this be difficult and costly if the mother is "an alcoholic transient" and "has neglected him his entire life and exposed him to constant toxic situations usually with police involved" ?
it may not be difficult, but it will always be costly

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
It's weird but you do need a local lawyer to rep you from the same jurisdiction.

Having an out of town/out of state attorney. If something has to go up in front of a local Judge. If it's not one of the Bruddahs...

Geopac

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 28, 2003
Ballast Point
Appreciate all the kind words and responses. I hired a local SD family attorney and filed a temporary restraining order and ex parte seeking emergency custody of my son. Single moms in Maui always get the benefit of the doubt especially the narcissistic b*tches that know how to work the system. My son's mom has been charged twice with child endangerment and about ten other misdemeanors and the courts somehow still ruled that it was in the child's best interest to be returned to his mother. That tells you all you need to know about the judicial system. Looking forward to fighting the good fight and future surf trips with my grom.