SCUTUS and the upcoming presidential election - why Ginzburg's seat is crucial

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
You have to look what events preceded 2016 to understand.

But you don't want to understand do you?

Go eat a sweet potato!

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
In the 2000 presidential election the electorial college count became tied between Bush and Gore the day after the election. Florida was the only undecided state. Over the next couple of weeks Bush was ahead in the Florida popular vote, except that Dems insisted on continuing to recount punch ballots in Democrat stronghold precincts. Democrat election officials had handed so many punch ballots to voters that their punch pins wouldn't punch through them. It caused "hanging chads" which card readers rejected. Bush and Gore fought it out in courts while Democrat precincts recounted hanging chads as votes.

Finally the fight landed in the Supreme Court. SCOTUS decided not to allow any more recounts.

.....which brings me to my point. If senate Republicans fail to elect a replacement for Ginzburg then any high level court question concerning the upcoming presidential election would be decided by a 4-4 evenly split Supreme Court.

Why is this a problem? Democrats are using the COVID pandemic as an excuse. to wholesale mail out election ballots. In Democrat stronghold states election officials plan to count every mail-in vote, no matter how fraudulent. And they plan to keep recounting ballots until their people win.

It is incumbent that senate Republicans step up and choose a replacement to Ginzburg before the November 3 election.
SQUIDLEY WALL OF WORDS

HOW MANY LIES ARE IN THERE?

HOW MUCH CARBOHYDRATE CRAZINESS IS IN THERE?

I'LL COUNT IT WHEN I AM DONE LAUGHING ABOUT TEXAS VOTING BLUE THIS YEAR

**REAL CONSLURPATIVE BLURBPS**

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
If Democrats are so adamant that late term SCOTUS vacancies should be filled by the future senate then why didn't you feel that way in 2016?

I mean, according to you this is a matter of principle, not of elected authority, right?
Well said. I'll give two other reasons the president and the republicans should fill this seat regardless of what the left says:
1. The way the left treated Kavagnaugh.
2. Impeachment.
Given those two things the left deserves no respect whatsoever in this case. Like I said elsewhere, even if the president were to lose and the senate to flip in the November election they should fill this supreme court seat with whoever they please.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Well said. I'll give two other reasons the president and the republicans should fill this seat regardless of what the left says:
2. Impeachment.
Given those two things the left deserves no respect whatsoever in this case. Like I said elsewhere, even if the president were to lose and the senate to flip in the November election they should fill this supreme court seat with whoever they please.
Very patriotic stance.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Were these matters handled in a patriotic manner by the left?
2. Impeachment.
Kavanaugh was unfit for the seat and impeachment was the right thing to do, the only reason Trump was not convicted is the Repubs went party over Country and rule of law just like you.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
For Repubs yes, they changed the rules and now want to change them back when it benefits them,

The applicable "RULE" is the Constitution, a document you leftists seem to have no regard for. The Constitution gives the authority to approve SCOTUS vacancies to the senate, elected by the people. After the 2016 Scotus vacancy came open the senate chose to wait. What will today's senate choose to do? We don't know that, do we?

But as for your charge of inconsistency, I'll ask you again. If you feel that the Constitution should not govern us, and that late term SCOTUS vacancies should wait for a future senate, then why didn't you feel that way in 2016?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The Right is immune to appeals to shame when their actions are shameful.

But they also love to use these appeals on the left when the lefties try to play the same game.

That your Squildy types omit this from their frames gives away the game.

Reactions: mundus

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
The Right is immune to appeals to shame when their actions are shameful.

But they also love to use these appeals on the left when the lefties try to play the same game.

That your Squildy types omit this from their frames gives away the game.
Pure hypocrisy from Republicans and their voters love it.