SCUTUS and the upcoming presidential election - why Ginzburg's seat is crucial

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
The courts are supposed to rule on the law as it exists, not act as an extra-legislative body to write laws that don't yet exist. If you can't get the law the you want passed then the fix is not to use the courts to sidestep the legislature.

So no, the courts are not supposed to represent the majority (which is why we don't elect them). They're supposed to represent what the law actually says. That's why many of the people who appear in front of the courts don't get what they want.

Reactions: grapedrink

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
my main gripe with the position is it shouldn’t be a lifelong term.

but I would like to see it, and many of the other higher level parts of the fed become elected positions as opposed to voting for a cabinet. It would get rid of the whole “you’re voting for the cabinet” excuse when voting for POSUS that is less than ideal to many. It would potentially force less of a complete party line in the entire cabinet and mix the positions more between the two, maybe more, parties.

Reactions: grapedrink

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Hal might not appreciate you coming out like that and outing him too. Waves were pretty good before dark. Just got back. You should try surfing.
Keep bragging try hard, big mouth for a guy who sits on the beach all winter.

• Haha
Reactions: hal9000

Why_was_I_banned

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 5, 2020
1. I thought you had him on ignore
2. you were just recently telling everyone else not to reply or engage.

what gives?
Everysurfer account had him on ignore. I haven't been annoyed with him lately enough to do it again. Its just a click away.

Secondly, I don't engage or reply to him. I guess I shouldn't have phrased it as a question. My bad.

Calling him an idiot isn't the problem. Trying to bet with him that the looser (sic) leaves the politics forum isn't the problem either.

You screw up when you take his bait, and argue post after post after fücking post.

Watch this

"Hey GromsDad, your mom is under the pier, better go get her"

I guarantee I won't reply back

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Everysurfer account had him on ignore. I haven't been annoyed with him lately enough to do it again. Its just a click away.

Secondly, I don't engage or reply to him. I guess I shouldn't have phrased it as a question. My bad.

Calling him an idiot isn't the problem. Trying to bet with him that the looser (sic) leaves the politics forum isn't the problem either.

You screw up when you take his bait, and argue post after post after fücking post.

Watch this

"Hey GromsDad, your mom is under the pier, better go get her"

I guarantee I won't reply back

fair enough, but that looked an awful lot like actively engaging him, although your response wasn’t a response to his baiting.

Why_was_I_banned

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 5, 2020
fair enough, but that looked an awful lot like actively engaging him, although your response wasn’t a response to his baiting.
Its like an occasional drinker vs. a staggering drunk. I reply to him less than once a month. I mock his stupidity once a week. I can handle my liquor.

You and Mundus need an intervention.

Reactions: hal9000

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Its not bragging if its true dumbass. You know and I know I put more than my fair share of winter sessions in. Besides that, I'm an old fart. Let me know how many mid winter sessions you're putting in when you're 50+.
I really don't care, just stop taking shots at others. BTW every surfing post you make is a humble brag you are just too stupid and un self aware to realize it.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Its like an occasional drinker vs. a staggering drunk. I reply to him less than once a month. I mock his stupidity once a week. I can handle my liquor.

You and Mundus need an intervention.
no, thats fair, I’m human enough to listen to someone else when they say I’m being stupid, own up to it, and, on occasion......learn from my dum mistakes.

your point is well taken and I concede on this matter.

I put him back on ignore last night btw.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Just you. You go to insult is about other peoples surfing like a true kook, so stop crying when people return the favor.
I didn’t read this exchange but I will say that I make it a point not to make fun of peoples surfing or skating. Everyone has their skill level. I‘m just an ok surfer and I’m fine with that.

if it looks fun, I go. If not, I go for a run or some other kind of workout......or go skate.

I skated a bunch of spots with my son all day today and it was rad as fvck. My knees are gonna make me pay for this tomorrow.

:shaka::shaka:

Reactions: mundus