SCUTUS and the upcoming presidential election - why Ginzburg's seat is crucial

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
In the 2000 presidential election the electorial college count became tied between Bush and Gore the day after the election. Florida was the only undecided state. Over the next couple of weeks Bush was ahead in the Florida popular vote, except that Dems insisted on continuing to recount punch ballots in Democrat stronghold precincts. Democrat election officials had handed so many punch ballots to voters that their punch pins wouldn't punch through them. It caused "hanging chads" which card readers rejected. Bush and Gore fought it out in courts while Democrat precincts recounted hanging chads as votes.

Finally the fight landed in the Supreme Court. SCOTUS decided not to allow any more recounts.

.....which brings me to my point. If senate Republicans fail to elect a replacement for Ginzburg then any high level court question concerning the upcoming presidential election would be decided by a 4-4 evenly split Supreme Court.

Why is this a problem? Democrats are using the COVID pandemic as an excuse. to wholesale mail out election ballots. In Democrat stronghold states election officials plan to count every mail-in vote, no matter how fraudulent. And they plan to keep recounting ballots until their people win.

It is incumbent that senate Republicans step up and choose a replacement to Ginzburg before the November 3 election.

Last edited:

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Didn’t Moscow Mitch say in 2016 that the voters should decide who gets to nominate the next Supreme Court justice? How is 2020 any different?
Its extremely different. Let me lay it out for you in hopes that you understand:

First of all you need to understand the process. A president nominates a justice and the senate controls the approval process. You got that part? Read it again if you need to.

In 2016 the president was an outgoing 2-term Democrat and the Senate was controlled by Republicans. By the way, the Republicans controlled the senate largely because the voters had rejected Democrats and Obama at the polls. The Democrats also had a weak candidate that wasn't a sure bet to win and carry on the Obama legacy. Given this situation Obama should have worked with Senate Republicans to come up with a nominee they would support rather than nominating a leftist on his own. Remember now that whoever owns the senate controls the approval process. Thems the rules ya participation trophy kid.

In 2020 the Republicans have both the presidency AND the senate. See the difference?

I'll even go one step further and really make your head explode ya dumb little participation trophy kid. If Trump were to lose the election and if the senate flipped in the November election.........the current president and the current senate should confirm the next justice to the supreme court before they were to leave office in January. You know why? Because thems the rules and democrats would do the exact same thing if the roles were reversed. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it ya dumb participation trophy kid.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Its extremely different. Let me lay it out for you in hopes that you understand:

First of all you need to understand the process. A president nominates a justice and the senate controls the approval process. You got that part? Read it again if you need to.

In 2016 the president was an outgoing 2-term Democrat and the Senate was controlled by Republicans. By the way, the Republicans controlled the senate largely because the voters had rejected Democrats and Obama at the polls. The Democrats also had a weak candidate that wasn't a sure bet to win and carry on the Obama legacy. Given this situation Obama should have worked with Senate Republicans to come up with a nominee they would support rather than nominating a leftist on his own. Remember now that whoever owns the senate controls the approval process. Thems the rules ya participation trophy kid.

In 2020 the Republicans have both the presidency AND the senate. See the difference?

I'll even go one step further and really make your head explode ya dumb little participation trophy kid. If Trump were to lose the election and if the senate flipped in the November election.........the current president and the current senate should confirm the next justice to the supreme court before they were to leave office in January. You know why? Because thems the rules and democrats would do the exact same thing if the roles were reversed. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it ya dumb participation trophy kid.
I’ve never asked for a trophy you dumb fat idiot. I asked a simple question and you reply with vitriol. Maybe if you didn’t suck so bad at your job you would make more money while Dems were in power and you wouldn’t be so emotionally invested in this stuff.

Again, shouldn’t the voters get to decide on 2020? Yes, the rules are the rules and I’m not arguing that aspect, but the republican senate is having their cake and eating it to with this one.

Last edited:

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I’ve never asked for a trophy you dumb fat idiot. I asked a simple question and you reply with vitriol. Maybe if you didn’t suck so bad at your job you would make more money while Dems were in power and you wouldn’t be so emotionally invested in this stuff.

Again, shouldn’t the voters get to decide on 2020? Yes, the rules are the rules and I’m not arguing that aspect, but the republican senate is having their cake and eating it to with this one.
Be nice. He sells copiers in a paperless-trending world. :roflmao: :roflmao::roflmao:

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Senate elections have consequences. The winners get to approve Supreme Court nominees.

Period.
And we’re less than 2 months from a senate election and the senate is currently on recess until that election. If the republicans maintain the senate in the election they’ll get their vote.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Be nice. He sells copiers in a paperless-trending world. :roflmao: :roflmao::roflmao:
I use so much paper.

At a certain, point you have to revise on a hard copy.

I was at a conference and a big shot book rep told me the kids don't need to work on hard copies anymore.

I was like, "Uh, I'm with this assholes every day. They need to edit hard copies at some point."

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
hey grapedrink, did you switch teams?
or was my roster wrong to begin with
I've never had a team. I lean left on most social issues, although I've been turned off by the divisive identity politics and lack of clear platform that has become the norm for the left in the last 5-6 years.