Scratching/Covering Name from board?

JeffRSpicoli

Nep status
Aug 9, 2019
Odd question, but in my earlier stages of building my quiver, unbeknownst to me, shapers added my full name to the dim box, I may be selling a couple of those boards, but would prefer to scratch my full name from the board, anyone have an easy/clean solution?
-Sharpie won't be waterproof on glass...

Grazie

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Don't know why this is in the travel section. Posca Pen art would be one solution or you could cover it with a logo.......either a sticker or one printed on rice paper and adhered to the board.

Cleanest way to do the rice paper method: Print your graphic on rice paper and cut it out. Lightly sand and prep the area where your graphic will go with 120 grit. Spread a little lam resin thinly onto board. You want only enough resin for the logo to float a bit so you can get at wet out from underneath with no air bubbles. Place logo on board and very gently squeegee rice paper graphic in place. Put a piece of scrap fiberglass cloth (preferably 6 oz) on top of logo and apply lam resin with a small brush or squeegee. You only want to use enough resin to wet out the logo and the portion of cloth on top of the logo and about a 3/4 inch border. We are not wetting out the entire piece of cloth either.....again, just enough to cover the logo with a small border around it. Also, don't over-work the resin or you risk your graphic bleeding. Watch your left over resin in the cup. When the resin in your cup turns to jelly consistency peel the fiberglass cloth off. You will be left with a perfect logo on the board and just the right amount of lam resin. let that cure. Now brush on a thin coat of sanding resin. Let that fully cure and then sand lightly to match the finish of the rest of the board. Be careful not to over-sand into your graphics.

Last edited:

JeffRSpicoli

Nep status
Aug 9, 2019
Don't know why this is in the travel section. Posca Pen art would be one solution or you could cover it with a logo.......either a sticker or one printed on rice paper and adhered to the board.

Cleanest way to do the rice paper method: Print your graphic on rice paper and cut it out. Lightly sand and prep the area where your graphic will go with 120 grit. Spread a little lam resin thinly onto board. You want only enough resin for the logo to float a bit so you can get at wet out from underneath with no air bubbles. Place logo on board and very gently squeegee rice paper graphic in place. Put a piece of scrap fiberglass cloth (preferably 6 oz) on top of logo and apply lam resin with a small brush or squeegee. You only want to use enough resin to wet out the logo and the portion of cloth on top of the logo and about a 3/4 inch border. We are not wetting out the entire piece of cloth either.....again, just enough to cover the logo with a small border around it. Also, don't over-work the resin or you risk your graphic bleeding. Watch your left over resin in the cup. When the resin in your cup turns to jelly consistency peel the fiberglass cloth off. You will be left with a perfect logo on the board and just the right amount of lam resin. let that cure. Now brush on a thin coat of sanding resin. Let that fully cure and then sand lightly to match the finish of the rest of the board. Be careful not to over-sand into your graphics.
Thank you, failed to recognize I was on the travel thread