Schroff saying like it us

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Man I want my money back for the last chapter of reports from hell.

ULUSURFER

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 2, 2007
Australia
Visit site
btw why arent there any tariffs on asian made boards?
because plain and simple tariffs really don’t work unless there is price parity in production cost.

this should include labor, facilities etc...

when the landed price of a vote is $250 and below nobody is going to decide that a small tariff will change their country of production.

I would imagine the demand curve for Surfboads is highly elastic and consumers of leisure goods are very price sensitive.

tariffs will increase prices lowering overall demand no matter the country of origin.

instead shakers should find ways to improve their business model if they want to compete. Companies like lost Could actually use an electronic warehouse, boards could be delivered on time and correct and the list goes on.

look within not outside

Reactions: redrider

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Whats that mean in plain English?
I'm going to guess that it means that if the boards still cost a lot less to produce in Thailand than they would domestically, taxes won't stop board builders from making them in Thailand, unless the taxes are more than that difference.
I base that on absolutely nothing.

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
I like that Schroff dude. Speaks freely and with insight. Noa Deane liked his board in the Electric Acid Test..

Reactions: YakAk and Aruka