Satellite offices

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Noah Budroe is another one I'd like to get a board from, but heard he has zero interest in shaping right now.
I had a Noah Budroe garage sale board that's still one of my favorite boards of all time.

Would love to get another.

His rails are perfect.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Christian Budrioe was until recently working at Laminations. I surfed with Bert the factory manager a couple times last week. Not sure if he was finishing boards or glassing or both. Can’t remember if the parting ways was good or negative. I love that guy haven’t seen him in years but always wish him the best.

Reactions: chilly1

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
By that logic this Harbour probably sucks since it was shaped by Tim Stamps and not Rich Harbour

My question was why you'd walk past Stamps to go order a DHD shaped not at all by Handley? Or walk by Marcio to order a JS shaped by whoever handles the JS license in CA. Sure, Marcio doesn't touch every board, but he's in the room every day. He'll also take your order for you, ask you questions about what you want/how you surf etc., and be there when you come in to get it.

As for Stamps and Harbour, if I wanted a Stamps, I'd go to Stamps, not Harbour. I just don't see the benefit to ordering from a guy who's licensed by "the" guy when you can get a board from a different "the" guy himself.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Because we can?

you can sell a big brand OTR far easier than a smaller guy custom. I’ve sold many lost, Rusty and CI’s while I basically give away my stamps (to friends) because they never sell on Craigslist or OfferUp.

youre clearly on the only customs from local shapers guy so that’s neat.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Stamps doesn’t license Harbour to the best of my knowledge. He just worked under Harbour for a long time.

Last edited:

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Because we can?

you can sell a big brand OTR far easier than a smaller guy custom. I’ve sold many lost, Rusty and CI’s while I basically give away my stamps (to friends) because they never sell on Craigslist or OfferUp.

youre clearly on the only customs from local shapers guy so that’s neat.
I am. My whole life. OTR makes no sense to me unless it's an emergency.

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
Christian Budrioe was until recently working at Laminations. I surfed with Bert the factory manager a couple times last week. Not sure if he was finishing boards or glassing or both. Can’t remember if the parting ways was good or negative. I love that guy haven’t seen him in years but always wish him the best.
Very cool guy with great energy, and fast riding designs