Santa Cruz camping suggestions

bruhdakine

Miki Dora status
Jul 7, 2003
PNW
My 17 year old and a few of his bros are wanting to take a week long trip down to SC in a few weeks. They are a bunch of dumbass teenagers who are used to sleeping in their trucks on the side of the road of up a forest road on the Oregon Coast or up at Mt. Hood , Baker etc. and think they are going to do the same thing in Santa Cruz. I've tried to tell my kid that that is generally not a good idea for a variety of reasons. We checked some campgrounds online and what we can find appears to be fully booked for the entire summer. Anyone got any suggestions of a campground in the area that may be a bit less utilized and may have a hope of some availability? Or a good place to dirtbag camp (as they prefer to do) that won't be somone's' private property or have a high likelihood of tweaker cretin interaction? They are a bunch of good smart kids who are really respectful and rip hard but at the same time they are pretty clueless about a lot of things (even though they think they know everything).

Reactions: rice