Sansa Air 1 board policy??

dk1973

OTF status
Jun 11, 2011
Flying into SJO and then taking Sansa air to final destination and looking at their website says only one surfboard per person because of weight restrictions as its a small plane. They do have a policy of charging a dollar a pound for overweight luggage but dont see anything regarding bringing a additional board. Anyone have any experience with this airline and bringing 2 boards in bag-

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
Flying into SJO and then taking Sansa air to final destination and looking at their website says only one surfboard per person because of weight restrictions as its a small plane. They do have a policy of charging a dollar a pound for overweight luggage but dont see anything regarding bringing a additional board. Anyone have any experience with this airline and bringing 2 boards in bag-
I've flown Sansa back and forth between Nicaragua and CR ... haven't brought a board but there is not a lot of room on those planes for luggage much less a board. If you're talking a couple of sub 6' shortboards - might get away with it ... good luck.

dk1973

OTF status
Jun 11, 2011
I've flown Sansa back and forth between Nicaragua and CR ... haven't brought a board but there is not a lot of room on those planes for luggage much less a board. If you're talking a couple of sub 6' shortboards - might get away with it ... good luck.
Thanks flyinraptr - called em up they take first 6 boards checked in and any other boards go on next flight out...I'll be there early in line

Reactions: flyinraptr

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
You could run into a jam. If they don't call you out in SJO on your way out, the pilot may call you out on the way back. At that point, you'll be standing on a tarmac on a small airstrip trying to convince the pilot to take your two boards. I've had that experience. Those planes are small and very weight conscious. They weigh everything that goes onboard. I haven't flow Sansa in years, but if their stated policy is only one board per person, they will probably enforce that.

If the plane has only a few passengers you might get lucky, but...you're taking a big chance.