San Jose requires firearm owners to carry insurance and pay a yearly fee.....

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Yeah, good luck upholding that.

In semi-related news, kids went into lockdown not once but twice today at school because of reports of a gunman near campus. Cops scoured area and so far as we know, sounds like a series of prank calls. No suspense as finding out after the fact but kinda fucked up nonetheless. Daughter was naturally pissed off about missing recess.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
It’s amazing to me how homeowners insurance will do things like make you remove a diving board from your swimming pool for liability reasons but they don’t seem to even bother asking about guns in the house as no ones ever been accidentally shot.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Yeah, good luck upholding that.

In semi-related news, kids went into lockdown not once but twice today at school because of reports of a gunman near campus. Cops scoured area and so far as we know, sounds like a series of prank calls. No suspense as finding out after the fact but kinda fucked up nonetheless. Daughter was naturally pissed off about missing recess.
Some years ago my kid’s school got locked down because someone saw a man on a nearby rooftop “with a gun”.

The gun was a Makita electric drill.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Some years ago my kid’s school got locked down because someone saw a man on a nearby rooftop “with a gun”.

The gun was a Makita electric drill.
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the caution but make sure that it's actually a threat first. PTA meeting tomorrow on Zoom should be fun. :beer:

Fucked up days. When we were kids, our prank calls involved asking what their t!ts looked like. Oh well.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
It’s amazing to me how homeowners insurance will do things like make you remove a diving board from your swimming pool for liability reasons but they don’t seem to even bother asking about guns in the house as no ones ever been accidentally shot.
my in-laws had theirs raised because they have a German Shepherd (the dog, not the person).

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
When he lived in Richmond, dad had a Chesapeake Bay Retriever that was kinda racist. She also used to beat the sh!t out of a few pitbulls on the block so the neighborhood kids gave my dad and the dog a wide berth when they walked around town.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
When he lived in Richmond, dad had a Chesapeake Bay Retriever that was kinda racist. She also used to beat the sh!t out of a few pitbulls on the block so the neighborhood kids gave my dad and the dog a wide berth when they walked around town.
uh Huh.

Sure.

• Haha
Reactions: Swallow Tail