San Jose del Cabo’s in July

sublime74

Miki Dora status
Jan 13, 2010
my 1st time and wonder if we can bring eps boards in July to los Cabos? Must be hot, so far got info to stay in San Jose to surf zippers and the rock but is there any spots for lefts? :) thanks everyone in advance for all tips and recommendations

grg

Miki Dora status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
sure any board works down there and not a concern. Beach break has peaks and one other towards Cabo. Crappy left off the rock and more a right.

Used to go there all the time but work summers with winters off now. Last time I was there was more crowded than I ever saw it. Ccchhhhhhannnngess suck.

Used to camp on the East Cape for about a Month and that's even changing. You'll get some waves although mostly rights. Have fun

sublime74

Miki Dora status
Jan 13, 2010
sure any board works down there and not a concern. Beach break has peaks and one other towards Cabo. Crappy left off the rock and more a right.

Used to go there all the time but work summers with winters off now. Last time I was there was more crowded than I ever saw it. Ccchhhhhhannnngess suck.

Used to camp on the East Cape for about a Month and that's even changing. You'll get some waves although mostly rights. Have fun
Sweeet at least I could bring my magic eps boards for groveling to average waves!!

grg

Miki Dora status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
Wave Looks way better than any zippers video footage from YouTube I’ve seen hope Coronavirus won’t be in a way by July to travel with a peace of mind
I have more photos of this day. Its actually The Rock and it was pumping that day. I didnt get any of it though. Leaving that day, boards packed already and battling Staph Infection.

The unknown for sure :(

Senor Sopa

OTF status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
Good luck at zippers lol
I have more photos of this day. Its actually The Rock and it was pumping that day. I didnt get any of it though. Leaving that day, boards packed already and battling Staph Infection.
Post em, that's more than pumping, that's borderline macking.

Zippers has never been the same since the harbor in San Jose went in. All the loc's go the to Rock now, Zippers is actually less of a hassle than before. Want to go left? Hit up the estuary. Shipwrecks is soooo easy now too. Rent a longboar and go left at Old Mans. You got's some options.

grg

Miki Dora status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
EXACTY. Zipper got f^cked up although its been starting to improve the last few years. And yes they moved to the Rock which was mostly fun with little attitudes. Last few times i surfed there it wasn't fun with all the attitudes.

And right in front of Las Olas it can get fun now that the outer reef was blasted/chisled off in the middle of the night. Got a couple from there thru Zippers and some from the top of Old mans past the rock