San Diego Surf Trip?

JeffRSpicoli

Nep status
Aug 9, 2019
Just curious and might be more of "Vatican of Surf" trip, would love to check out Bird's Surf Shed, maybe even donate a board or two, head to Rusty's shop and pick up a board, or ten! In my mind analogous to picking up your Porsche in Germany, driving around on the Autobahn then shipping it home.

Best time of the year to surf SD? Just curious may not happen but something is pulling me there.....

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Just curious and might be more of "Vatican of Surf" trip, would love to check out Bird's Surf Shed, maybe even donate a board or two, head to Rusty's shop and pick up a board, or ten! In my mind analogous to picking up your Porsche in Germany, driving around on the Autobahn then shipping it home.

Best time of the year to surf SD? Just curious may not happen but something is pulling me there.....
probably now, but looking crap/flat for the next few weeks. any time in fall/winter is your best bet.

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
^Agreed, depending on your flexibility look for a big NW sometime in the next few months and do a strike mission

cjs2002

Nep status
Jan 24, 2008
just a heads up a lot of the surf shops are running pretty low on boards so the typical spontaneous purchase might be a little more difficult!

Reactions: stringcheese

JeffRSpicoli

Nep status
Aug 9, 2019
Thanks guys! Yes the Blackbird!!!! Want that so badly and really been eyeballing the Chupacabra, was dreaming I would do some custom orders and 'save the money on shipping' by picking it up there, ha!

Now off to Rusty's site to design boards!

Reactions: MathDebater