San Diego Surf shop recs?

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Hansen’s or Mitch‘s are my goto in NCSD.

Clairemont Surf is also good if you find yourself near those parts.

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
Is Surf Club on Garnet gone? South Coast, Clairemont and Mitch's all great when I lived there. SurfySurfy?

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
I bought my last Rip curl wetsuit at Hansen's in Encinitas. I always liked Rip Curl because they fit my build (wide shoulders / narrow waist and hips) "right off the rack". Back in the day, Don Hansen donated a substantial amount of dough every year to fund the WSA Ecological Division that eventually became surfrider (fact check me and you will get lies though). O'Neal was the narrow shoulders/wide hips cut. Never could find one that felt right. I always bought my suits at South Coast Surf Shop when I lived in OB where my friendship with the owner goes back 45 years.

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
I bought my last Rip curl wetsuit at Hansen's in Encinitas. I always liked Rip Curl because they fit my build (wide shoulders / narrow waist and hips) "right off the rack". Back in the day, Don Hansen donated a substantial amount of dough every year to fund the WSA Ecological Division that eventually became surfrider (fact check me and you will get lies though). O'Neal was the narrow shoulders/wide hips cut. Never could find one that felt right. I always bought my suits at South Coast Surf Shop when I lived in OB where my friendship with the owner goes back 45 years.
found the opposite MT rip curl like a straight jacket and tight in shoulders, oneill much more roomy in the upper body and longer cut overall

Reactions: rowjimmytour

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Pretty sure Surfy Surfy is just Bing now? Haven’t been since JP was in charge of the whole thing and his kid in that commercial

Reactions: rowjimmytour

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
Encinitas Surfboards or Hansens, both on Coast Highway in Encinitas If you’re in North County or plan to visit North County. Worth a ‘check it out’ if you have the time!

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
Was that a cut and paste from your Grinder profile?

• Haha
Reactions: OBSurvivor

OBSurvivor

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 25, 2013
Birds for boards .
Hanger 94 for everything else. Lost count how many times left a surf shop then went to Hanger. Never let down there, always carry exactly what I'm looking for. Top tier staff super insightful on all products especially wetsuits.

Also about 5 years ago, sent a girl a scandalous picture. She asked if that was my Grindr profile pic. At the time never heard of it. Googled then immediately felt crushed

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
nothing like frog house - first board was a small faces from there

workers in mitchs are too cool for school

Reactions: Havoc

corndog

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2004
I have gotten my wetsuits from Encinitas since I moved to N county. Mark and the crew are great. He lent my a board from his crazy collection for an old board 50 + year contest years ago.