San Diego Shoulder Surgeon Recommendation

Belchfire1

Nep status
Jun 27, 2013
Encinitas
Does anyone have a shoulder guy in SD they can recommend? Asking for a friend, small rotator cuff tear that needs fixed.

Cheers,
Belch

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
Mike Skyhar, (760) 943-6700 office located behind Scripps Encinitas. Specializes in shoulders, 'a doctor's doctor' according to my GP years back when he referred me to Skyhar. My son, me and a number of friends, some of the old Cardiff crowd and two of my staff have all had excellent results. Tell him John Norris said "hi" if he is selected.

Belchfire1

Nep status
Jun 27, 2013
Encinitas
Friend ended up seeing Dr Skyhar, thanks for the rec. John. Surgery scheduled for next month. Does anyone know the recovery time for torn rotator cuff? Driving, etc ? It's her dominant arm.

Cheers, Belch

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
Doc Skyhar scoped my calcified shoulder, I think recovery was pretty short. Had an automatic transmission so driving no problem. I think I may have taken tylonal w/ codeine one or two days. While my surgery was different from a rotator tear your friend might ask if there’s any possible chance he might have to ‘manipulate her shoulder’ after a few weeks. My shoulder ‘froze up’ after several weeks (Skyhar told me this may happen). They put me under, and he couldn’t manipulate the shoulder standing on the floor (although very fit he’s not a big guy. I was a beast). He had to stand on the table, raise my arm and with his whole body strength, snap the shoulder out of the ‘frozen’ position. I was out so I didn’t feel a thing and when I woke up, no pain, no frozen shoulder and all is good 20-25 years later!

Belchfire1

Nep status
Jun 27, 2013
Encinitas
Thanks for the info, John. I'll pass it on. Seems like a diff procedure, but good to hear it worked out for ya.

Cheers, Belch