waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Music's way better, a bit of stock Djent never hurt anyone :D

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Looked like some pretty spicy salsa. Curious to see how mine compares to the Driver when it arrives.

trifish

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
So who surfed it better Salad or Broccoli? :D

@Aruka dang you already got one cooking? PU? Gotta hear your thoughts on that one when you get it in.

Last edited:
Reactions: waxfoot

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
@Aruka dang you already got one cooking? PU? Gotta hear your thoughts on that one when you get it in.
Darkarts. Don't hold your breath it will be a couple/few months still.

@oeste858 went shorter/wider on the Sharpeye so it would never be a fair comparison but I guess I just meant more generally I'm curious to see which one I end up preferring. TBH I've been riding the SMTH Matrix more than the Driver lately and dims wise the Sharpeye will be more similar to the SMTH so that might be a more interesting comparison.

ehiunno

OTF status
Dec 27, 2019
Board looked like it went great for salsa

I should probably just accept that I am going to get one of these and order/get it sooner instead of waffling lmao

Or maybe I could just find a stock 5' 10 and skip the line. A bit more volume than my usual but it seems crazy to wait 3 months over like half a liter

ehiunno

OTF status
Dec 27, 2019

@oeste858 went shorter/wider on the Sharpeye so it would never be a fair comparison but I guess I just meant more generally I'm curious to see which one I end up preferring. TBH I've been riding the SMTH Matrix more than the Driver lately and dims wise the Sharpeye will be more similar to the SMTH so that might be a more interesting comparison.
Did sharpeye give you any particular advice about sizing?

Reactions: Aruka

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Did sharpeye give you any particular advice about sizing?
Marcio said size it as you would any other "normal" shortboard. I usually go right around my own height 6'3" or 6'4" so I just went with the 6'3" x 33L dims since that is pretty spot on for what I usually ride.

Reactions: ehiunno

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA

Oh, I don’t care about that, I was really just trying to put it in your head to try the Black Dart build for us…
:geek:

Reactions: Aruka

ehiunno

OTF status
Dec 27, 2019
But man I really don't get the appeal of lowers. It looks like a fun place to practice on a small wave performance board when it's chest high, but when it's overhead it just looks like a mushburger and I cant help but think there has got to be a beach break down the road that's way better when theres that much swell in the water.

Add to that that you have to compete with this du and every socal pro and wanna-be for waves and it just sounds like a bad time.