Sailing soon

Apr 2, 2015
Mentawai,tello,banyacks.
Going surfing in march leaving thailand about march 15th sailing the 1000 nm to mentawai fairly quick. Sail with me ? This year ,first mentawai mid march april then back up to banyacks.
I am solo on my cruising boat and if you are interested in joining me and contributing some boat bucks to the cause i am interested in sharing the unique experience.
My 12th or 13th season surfing around here. In that many years i might have had less than a dozen people join me for a few weeks each and so far all have had a good trip. Some have returned for more.
I know the erea and we dont travel like a charter boat cause we are not on a 10 day trip schedule and we are not a charter boat.

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
You know Keith - the older Aussie on a boat up there? Wears a helmet and surfs on a sailboard?

Stop into Lagundri - I will buy you a beer

Apr 2, 2015
I do know keith. For a guy nearly 70 years old you got to admire the stoke he has for surf. Even if he cant hear you and drops in on you. He is a legend

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
quadpetfec said:
I do know keith. For a guy nearly 70 years old you got to admire the stoke he has for surf. Even if he cant hear you and drops in on you. He is a legend
Surfing with Keith is always a near death experience

heard he had a run in with some of the nias crew over his lack of spending on land - bummer

Apr 2, 2015
Last year keith was a no show in banyacks.
I think family stuff.grandpa
Why he goes to nias with his own yacht is one of lifes mysterys.
There are so many waves and so few locals on sumatra its pointless going to lagundry and getting robbed and hustled by locals.
That crew are just like hawaiians 30 years ago and why i bought a boat 30 years ago living on north shore oahu.
Havent had to deal with in the water hastles in 30 years.

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
great decison on that boat - may try to coordinate w u this summer

lagundri sorake crew alive and well up to all the same old extortion and theft tricks
been lucky in the 20+ years i have been going there have had only a pair of running shoes swiped .......which were returned the next day bc they found out they were mine

always humble and respectful to the locals there

Apr 2, 2015
The banyacks has 1 local surfer. Thats it.
Everyone else is on vacation and surfers on vacation tend to be equals in the line ups and this is unique.

Apr 2, 2015
On march 19th already the perfect treasure island swell arriving.
2 meters at 20 seconds ssw. Day 2 of this swell shouldl be perfect.
No i am not on my way. Been delayed helping a friend install a new diesel.
April 7 new departure from phuket.

Apr 2, 2015
Tried to send a pm but not sure it went. I did not find yours either.
Surfer changed things ,before it had a pm flash but cant find it.