Ryan Burch Surfboards

waxurDyl

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 22, 2010
SoBay
Now that I’m back at work, it’s tough to squeeze out a time that’ll work for both parties so it’s not in my hands yet. But Ryan got this one back from Alex for me a couple weeks ago. This time I wanted something slightly asymm and not a swallowtail. I can’t remember if we went 5’10 or 5’8 on it. I think it’s 5’8. Either way, it’ll be perfect for swell-less summer days. I’ve gotten 11 boards since Oct knee surgery and this is the one I’m most looking forward to riding. Just got cleared for surf activities couple weeks ago so I’ve got lots of waxing to do!
989E5E3D-B52A-4AF0-BE21-315043FC8207.jpeg

Last edited:

RattimusBeach

Nep status
Jun 2, 2014
Torrance, CA
Now that I’m back at work, it’s tough to squeeze out a time that’ll work for both parties so it’s not in my hands yet. But Ryan got this one back from Alex for me a couple weeks ago. This time I wanted something slightly asymm and not a swallowtail. I can’t remember if we went 5’10 or 5’8 on it. I think it’s 5’8. Either way, it’ll be perfect for swell-less summer days. I’ve gotten 11 boards since Oct knee surgery and this is the one I’m most looking forward to riding. Just got cleared for surf activities couple weeks ago so I’ve got lots of waxing to do!
View attachment 126772
How long did you have to wait for this bad boy?

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
View attachment 126772
That looks fun! I want a 5'5 version.

Do I ask for the Waxy special or is it called something else?

• Haha
Reactions: ReForest

Oceanslide

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2008
Oceanside, CA
View attachment 126772
That's purdy!

waxurDyl

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 22, 2010
SoBay
That looks fun! I want a 5'5 version.

Do I ask for the Waxy special or is it called something else?
No name. Not in my hands yet, but I’m looking forward to seeing its foil, rocker and rails. When talking to Ryan about what I had in mind, we looked over some of his older boards and he seemed to already have an idea about what he was going to do. I’m not even 100% positive on the length, so I have no idea about the rest of the dims. And I never bother with volume. I leave it up to him since he’s been shaping boards for me for about 8yrs now, he knows how I want them look and feel. I’ll share a ride report and more detailed shots when I pick it up

KyleTalbott

Nep status
Jul 6, 2008
View attachment 126772
This is beautiful.

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
I wonder why he made so many stock toes. Are they that much quicker to shape than a Squit? They've never interested me, but that's mainly because of the paint job...