Ryan Burch Surfboards

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Order a custom through his new site:
https://ryanburchsurfboards.com/

Glassing options are funny.
[img:left]https://ryanburchsurfboards.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/IMG_1265_1_2_1024x1024.jpg[/img]

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I have checked in at Hansen's when I'm in the area to see how quick his keel fish were moving... lets just say they knocked several hundred dollars off the orginal price and they were seling slooooowly.

Colin

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 11, 2005
east oahu
The "enlightened middle finger" (that's what it looks like to me anyway) logo at the top of the site is funny.

A grand for a fish? Is it the same price if you choose the Disposable glassing option? If folks pay that to him, then I'm not going to knock his hustle. For the same price I'd go with a Lis. For hundreds less I'd go with the OG SD crew.

I do like my asym fish from him. He doesn't seem to do them anymore. I read some interview with him about the asym fish where he says that he likes it but it isn't magic or anything. I'm guessing mine is pretty old. That said, I still think it is one of my most beautifully foiled boards. The kids got some talent with the foam, assuming that he is in fact shaping the boards with his logo. I'm betting that he is.

Bman76

Nep status
Mar 10, 2011
Colin said:
The "enlightened middle finger" (that's what it looks like to me anyway) logo at the top of the site is funny.

A grand for a fish? Is it the same price if you choose the Disposable glassing option? If folks pay that to him, then I'm not going to knock his hustle. For the same price I'd go with a Lis. For hundreds less I'd go with the OG SD crew.

I do like my asym fish from him. He doesn't seem to do them anymore. I read some interview with him about the asym fish where he says that he likes it but it isn't magic or anything. I'm guessing mine is pretty old. That said, I still think it is one of my most beautifully foiled boards. The kids got some talent with the foam, assuming that he is in fact shaping the boards with his logo. I'm betting that he is.
You dudes are spoilt in the USA - hipster craft is at $1300 + in the land of OZ :mad:

redrider

Gerry Lopez status
Jul 8, 2010
Shadowed by Catalina
Visit site
Bman76 said:
Colin said:

You dudes are spoilt in the USA - hipster craft is at $1300 + in the land of OZ :mad:
I sure am glad I'm not a hipster, I couldn't afford it. That and I'd have to kick my own ass for being a hipster.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
redrider said:
Bman76 said:
Colin said:

I sure am glad I'm not a hipster, I couldn't afford it. That and I'd have to kick my own ass for being a hipster.
$1,000 USD is $1400 in AUD

Reactions: Clamsmasher

theGraft

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 5, 2007
Why do you guys think he can charge $1000? Demand, construction, time it takes to make, perceive skill or he is actually that skilled. Honest questions. When does a shaper reach the +$1000 level.

Bman76

Nep status
Mar 10, 2011
Racer1 said:
redrider said:
Bman76 said:
Colin said:

$1,000 USD is $1400 in AUD
yep - and it's been $1300 or so for many hipster boards since 2011 - when we were above parity with the USD. I got a mandala cheaper from the states in 2011 than i could from a local 'hipster' shaper that was making similar boards.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
theGraft said:
Why do you guys think he can charge $1000? Demand, construction, time it takes to make, perceive skill or he is actually that skilled. Honest questions. When does a shaper reach the +$1000 level.

I think it's more along the lines of, throw a price out and see if anybody bites at that price. If they do, then sweet. If not, you got local clientele, homies, etc who are your customer base.

sozzle

Michael Peterson status
Feb 23, 2009
1000 bucks comes out around £700 over here, £100 more than a piece of sh!t FireWire, not that unreasonable? The assymetrics are $850, almost the same as a ghost scraped tomo from xtr.

Reactions: surf4sure

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
he's 6'2" and rides a 5'3" x 20 1/4" x 2 1/4" fish.

That's crazy.

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
I can't believe why anyone bitches about price on this site when you think your used boards have only decreased by $50 when you post them in the classifieds. :shrug:

I just saw a video of Burch on a 14ft. Board and the guy has the best style I have ever seen. He has created a brand. Good on him.

Then again if you guys pulled your head out of your ass, you could order a board from a Hawaiian shaper and it would be the same price if you pick it up in person than the board of the the month club here. Or go local local.

Clamsmasher

Michael Peterson status
Apr 22, 2013
Nar
Asyms from $850 though.....

Like the cut of his jib. He frigging rips. I always find something I like in his boards I see around he net.