Ryan Burch Surfboards

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Also, what are the dims? I’d like to FOMO like I missed out on one that would have fit me.

fins included, too?

encladd

OTF status
Oct 8, 2019
Also, what are the dims? I’d like to FOMO like I missed out on one that would have fit me.

fins included, too?
5.11/19/2.5... comes with fins.

I just picked it up without looking at the dims and was shocked how perfect it felt underarm. Most of my boards are in the 2.25 range and I wouldn't have guessed this board was any different. Rails are between knifey and forgiving... pretty perfect. I'd comment on the seemingly deep single concave but there's definitely more going on than a layman could describe.

Just feeling it up you can tell this thing is money for when the waves get chest high + and some shape, barrels, etc.. Can imagine knifing some late drops on this thing quite easily.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
5.11/19/2.5... comes with fins.

I just picked it up without looking at the dims and was shocked how perfect it felt underarm. Most of my boards are in the 2.25 range and I wouldn't have guessed this board was any different. Rails are between knifey and forgiving... pretty perfect. I'd comment on the seemingly deep single concave but there's definitely more going on than a layman could describe.

Just feeling it up you can tell this thing is money for when the waves get chest high + and some shape, barrels, etc.. Can imagine knifing some late drops on this thing quite easily.
sounds sick. first dibs if you want to sell it!!!!!!

(@oeste858 :poke:)

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Got a new nose channel on my Pickle:
IMG_6932.JPG

Wasn't even a Freedom leash! Happened after pulling into a drainer, then had to dive under the next one. Can't imagine there are many boards that get a nose ding like this, so there is that. Waves were firing, so I just carried on. Feels a bit heavier now...

One of the best days at this spot for a couple of years. Little bit like Keramas. Solid typhoon swell with a good period and offshores:
IMG_6901.JPG

Got a Parallelogram arriving soon. Anyone compared the two?

Last edited:

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Coming up to 10 months n waiting. Two months ago, I was told the blanks were sitting outside the shaping bay next in line. Anyone else ordered from Ryan within this time frame? Did you get your boards already? Not including @waxurDyl who has Ryan and Scott on the Batphone.

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
Coming up to 10 months n waiting. Two months ago, I was told the blanks were sitting outside the shaping bay next in line. Anyone else ordered from Ryan within this time frame? Did you get your boards already? Not including @waxurDyl who has Ryan and Scott on the Batphone.
I was talking to ryan in the water a few weeks ago and I asked about his back log. he said 1yr. I just shook my head saying I dont understand how this even happens. He laughed and said he had no clue too. The demand side is out of control for what certain suppliers can produce. It’s crazy how that hasn’t put a dent in the demand.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Should order a McNeill. Fast turnaround and heard he has a special on overseas shipping. Free insurance for the month of November.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
I was talking to ryan in the water a few weeks ago and I asked about his back log. he said 1yr. I just shook my head saying I dont understand how this even happens. He laughed and said he had no clue too. The demand side is out of control for what certain suppliers can produce. It’s crazy how that hasn’t put a dent in the demand.
He should start using a machine. I don't think that will impact the demand or price. But a 1 year backlog is nuts.

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
Should order a McNeill. Fast turnaround and heard he has a special on overseas shipping. Free insurance for the month of November.
How do you know it's fast turnaround? Think a board would be done before New Years?

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Don't go the GM route! EVER!

Thanks for the insight, @urchined. I guess I'll just peace out, oil my beard and do some fire dancing until then...

By the way, the Cuttle Fish I got from Ryan goes absolutely insane now that I've worked it out. Still love my Squit, but the Cuttle can really fly and turns almost like a shortboard. The only thing I don't like about it is the yellow spots in the paint job.