Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
I have one in 5’9 stock dims

I like it

Can basically go waist high with some push to overhead

Not a groveler so won’t go in total mush

Steepness- no problem at all

I think you have some prior experience with twins so you would probably like it instantly

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
5'9" in XTR stringerless for 550.
https://usedsurf.com/59-rusty-twin-fin-used-surfboard-21186/

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
I've had two. The first was the stock 6'0. It's a really good board. Perfect rocker, fins pulled back. The only thing is that it is more of a hpsb in a twin. It's not a low-end twin, if that's what you're looking for, although with the rocker it will grovel. I just ordered a second one, which is a flat-deck twin. It's wider and thicker and handles the low end much better.

I would highly recommend both, depending on the conditions you're like to surf and your personal preference. One thing for sure, Rusty knows how to make a twin fin.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Yes, I did! It felt very good on the waves I caught. I remember thinking that I would have liked a touch more volume on it, probably width, but that's personal preference. I tend to like added volume, especially on a twin. It was very high performance.

sublime74

Miki Dora status
Jan 13, 2010
I dont know what model its called but jdj's recently purchased 5'10 is pure magic

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Nice reviews so far.

I really dig the HP twin so it sounds like it's up my alley.

I need to give my CI twin a session or two more, and I think this flatness is making me think too much about boards.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Not a fan of the full rails and volume distribution that seem to be prevalent on a lot of their stock boards.

Stock performance stuff did not feel very performancey.

Not all of them are that way, and yes I've had good ones from them.

When you have several guys shaping under a label I feel you never know what to expect.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
casa_mugrienta said:
Not a fan of the full rails and volume distribution that seem to be prevalent on a lot of their stock boards.

When you have several guys shaping under a label I feel you never know what to expect.
The couple boards I have had, close to 10 years ago, were blady as fug so maybe things have changed. I haven't seen them on the racks in awhile.

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
casa_mugrienta said:

My SD is so pinched in the rails. In the best way. More so than any other board I have and its for average conditions. Im sure they havent nailed every board but from what I've seen and experienced, they tend to foil their more performance oriented boards much more than some other big labels.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I've never felt up an SD.

This was just my experience the few times I've been to their warehouse over the past few years.

I can't name all the models I've fondled, but the Mi Amigo and If I remember the Sista Brotha among others were both were too full for me.