Rusty - Shiv, Hatchet, 419Fish

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Please post a pic when you get it. :p What size did you go with and how big are you?
6’0/ 165 lbs

fish dims 5’5” / 20” / 2.15”

thickness seems crazy low but it’s a flat deck so comes out to 28.7 liters

I went narrower than standard dims because I didn’t want it to be too extreme of a change from my R twin fin and other short boards which are closer to 19” wide

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
dreaming of an R. Hustler/Barking Spider combo to supplement the Twin Fin now..
dedicated quad/dedicated tri to go with the dedicated twin - make things simple

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
6’0/ 165 lbs

fish dims 5’5” / 20” / 2.15”

thickness seems crazy low but it’s a flat deck so comes out to 28.7 liters

I went narrower than standard dims because I didn’t want it to be too extreme of a change from my R twin fin and other short boards which are closer to 19” wide
So will it come with a leash plug, or are you supposed to loop one around that little bar at the top of the tail?

I know a lot of folks choose not to run a leash on a Fish, but I prefer leashes on all my boards.

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
So will it come with a leash plug, or are you supposed to loop one around that little bar at the top of the tail?

I know a lot of folks choose not to run a leash on a Fish, but I prefer leashes on all my boards.

leash plug

I will go leashless on longboards and midlengths where you would walk the board but not on shortboards.

I hope the fish police don’t get me:)

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA

Resin loop is the leash plug. your good. its a nice more premium touch to a that retro boar type imo

Reactions: Aruka

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Nice one, Ted. I have a Rusty twin and have owned another that I beat to crap. Man knows his way around a twin fin.

Reactions: tedshred5

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Anyone have an R order come in recently?

Just wondering if there’s a backlog

When I put in my order at the end of April they were saying 2-4 week turnaround but it’s going on 6 weeks now and haven’t heard anything

i’ll probably give the shop a call if I don’t hear in a couple of days but just curious

Reactions: Ifallalot

ciscojaws

Michael Peterson status
Jul 28, 2008
Kook City, VA
Anyone have an R order come in recently?

Just wondering if there’s a backlog

When I put in my order at the end of April they were saying 2-4 week turnaround but it’s going on 6 weeks now and haven’t heard anything

i’ll probably give the shop a call if I don’t hear in a couple of days but just curious
I don’t know man. I’ve heard here that if you inquire about the status of your custom you’re an esshole and you should just keep your mouth shut and be happy if You get it at all. Be cool bro.

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
I don’t know man. I’ve heard here that if you inquire about the status of your custom you’re an esshole and you should just keep your mouth shut and be happy if You get it at all. Be cool bro.
I think I have a solution. I will just call my estate lawyer and have it written into my will so my heirs can claim it, but I will have him write it so that they can only call the shop after three generations have passed and if they spend $30 billion in thirty days first.

JeffRSpicoli

Nep status
Aug 9, 2019
Tried these this morning, gave a little more drive down the line than the Aipas, but not too tracky either. Have yet to slide out backside with either fin set! (Maybe just due to not being able to turn hard enough :p) A+++ twinny by R.
View attachment 90468
Like it! Looks like we may have a swell this Thursday, I might run my Rusty Twin with C-Drives and see how that goes...R&D!!

And just adding I am loving the Hatchet, what a great board!

Last edited: