Rusty - Shiv, Hatchet, 419Fish

JeffRSpicoli

Nep status
Aug 9, 2019
Hmmmm...I got the Hatchet on order, been about 6 weeks now, can't rush perfection I guess.

And since you got the slop part sessions covered:

I grabbed the Rooster in Torsion Spring back in Nov '19 and have nothing bad to say about it; it is a quality wave machine, love the drive and the Venturi bottom and Torsion Spring is sweet.
-works in chest to biggest stuff I get into biggest so far 7', maybe 8'.

JeffRSpicoli

Nep status
Aug 9, 2019
You forgot to recommend the Zeppelin as the ultimate mush wave grovel board!

Jokes aside, need a full report on that hatchet when you get it.
Just got the call from Rusty board should be here next week, definitely will give a report and some centerfold pic's!

And like silentbutdeadly I went for the blue rails too, go figure!

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Stocked to hear Jeff, I think that means my Hatchet should be ready soon as well.

Look forward to comparing notes!

Reactions: JeffRSpicoli
Nov 17, 2010
Hmmmm...I got the Hatchet on order, been about 6 weeks now, can't rush perfection I guess.

And since you got the slop part sessions covered:

I grabbed the Rooster in Torsion Spring back in Nov '19 and have nothing bad to say about it; it is a quality wave machine, love the drive and the Venturi bottom and Torsion Spring is sweet.
-works in chest to biggest stuff I get into biggest so far 7', maybe 8'.
Hadn't considered the Rooster, but specifically tossing up between Blade and Shiv (I'm a sucker for a those flat deck throwbacks!)

JeffRSpicoli

Nep status
Aug 9, 2019
So, how are the hatchets? Aruka didn't seem to be liking his

Still waiting on my '84.
Waves have not been cooperating so have not surfed it yet, might get a chance today, but I want a decent day so I am not questioning/blaming the board. You know how those days go: new board, crappy waves = it's the boards fault.

I did not know Aruka was mixed on his, bummer. I'll say looking at it, it seems like it is going to be a winner.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Good call Jeff. At first I took mine out in some pretty crap conditions because that's just what we have had. There was one day that wasn't bad though. Like chest high and kind of mushy outside bar to steeper running inside section. It didn't have as much fishy glide as I was hoping. It catches waves fine but I wasn't able to hold a high line like a fish and also felt like I just couldn't get much drive off the bottom to make it around sections. I got a couple waves where I linked a few turns but never felt like I found the sweet spot or really clicked with the board. I eventually came in and grabbed a different board and had a great rest of the session. My hope is that it was just a little too powerful for the board even thought it was only chest high. The board is on ice for now since we have swell and I'll wait for a good small day to bring it back out.