Rusty Miso

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
This is a really sweet board. I’ve never had a Lost Rocket but borrowed a friends after the airlines decided to jack up my boards on a trip. its a paddle machine like the Rocket, but has an aggressive double, so rolls rail to rail easy. The Rocket was a fun board but always felt like to really get the most out of it your back foot had to be on the tail pad kick. The Miso is much more forgiving. I’m not sold on the twinzer but thinking I might get an XTR 5 fin too.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Mine is 5’10 20.25 32L..which is .5 inch wider than stock. I’m 5’8 160. But you definitely don’t want to use me as a guide. From MtB spills my shoulders are approximately 87 yrs old....and I size all my boards accordingly.
I can relate to this. Shoulder suck and they don't like to be landed on.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
I wanna order one, 5-fin, prolly e-poly, soon as I free up some $$. maybe with some dank airbrush

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Just finished EAST…someone should at least mention both Coco and Mason said ALOT of good things about the Miso
Yeah they both liked it and surfed it well.

Is the deck pretty flat with chine rail or is it a bit more domed?

JeffRSpicoli

Nep status
Aug 9, 2019
No more XTR license?

does it have the pin holes in the deck to vent?
When I spoke with R back in April they relayed to me they lost their supplier and could fork over a significant sum to, I think I heard DuPont, to continue with TS technology, but decided not to.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
damn, that looks fun. The way he describes it sounds like how I feel about my (kinda similar outline, minus the wing) Gremlin swallowtail: easy, versatile boar handling a range of different conditions. Nice to have a boar like that to grab when you're not sure what it's going to look like at the beach. @tedshred5 you should get us one to try

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Miso has always looked like a fun boar to me. would have to get it custom b/c stock Rustys always tend to be too thin for me.

speaking of wing swallows, I was thinking about getting an Astro Pop XL for us to try...

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Miso has always looked like a fun boar to me. would have to get it custom b/c stock Rustys always tend to be too thin for me.

speaking of wing swallows, I was thinking about getting an Astro Pop XL for us to try...
why don't you try my gremlin first? you'd probably want it a lil shorter, but would at least give you an idea of how the boar surfs
Astro Pop in Noa Deane EAST dims always looked fun.