Rusty Miso

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015

looks fun but you guys know I'm a sucker for a wing swallow

The bottom of the MISO features an entry that is fairly flat with the mid being a shallow concave that grows into a moderate double con/vee, +- .16 that peaks around 16 to 18 inches up from the tail. The tail rocker is fairly aggressive which makes it ideal for short arc turns. The overall extra template width adds area, and lower apex rails, help to generate lift.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
looks good. hard to tell but it must have a bit of a flatter deck to pack as much volume as it does for the dims.

Reactions: oeste858

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
Did Rusty pull the plug on Torsion Spring?
Mine is Torsion. But when I ordered 4 weeks ago they said they only had 15 blanks left and alluded it’d be a long time before had more. No idea if that meant blank shortage or permanently stopped

Reactions: ChaseTMP

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
I have a Miso twinzer on order. Asked Rusty what board he thought would go best twinzer’d and let them run with it. Fingers crossed!
good plan, i was thinkin the outline looked good for a twin
i remember in the 90s rusty said he was gonna make a small wave twin fin...

doc_flavonoid

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 27, 2019
Mine is Torsion. But when I ordered 4 weeks ago they said they only had 15 blanks left and alluded it’d be a long time before had more. No idea if that meant blank shortage or permanently stopped
heard rustys insta live s month or two ago where he said he couldnt get the blanks anymore. sounded more like a factory shutdown than a shortage

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
Shhhh , Quiet ---
If you guys could talk to Rusty on my behalf that'd be great???! Chief consultants with street cred. Otherwise the conversation would go something like this:

Me: Hey could you put the fins at 7"
R: Why?
Me: Some guys on the internet I don't know....but who know 10,000 times more about surfboards than I do...........said that's best
R: I have made hundreds of twinzers and used to pay Jobson royalties
Me: yeah, but the internet guys
R: Click............dial tone

:)

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Rusty is easy to communicate with, as well as the other R. shapers, at least in my experience. He won't reject your suggestion out of hand, unless you come off like a clown, which I have no doubt that you will not do. I asked him about turning a twin into a twin/trailer, and he wasn't stocked on the idea, but he explained why and was cool about it.

You can write something like this: People who know a lot more than me about twinzers have suggested that I ask you about placing the main twins at 7". What do you think?

You should post his response.