Russians Hack the Gov Again

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dominion Voting Systems Uses Firm That Was Hacked

President and CEO of Dominion Voting Systems John Poulos testifies during a hearing before the House Administration Committee on Capitol Hill in Washington on Jan. 9, 2020.

Dec 14, 2020
A company that provides voting systems in 28 states uses an internet technology firm that was recently hacked.

Dominion Voting Systems uses SolarWinds software, according to a Dominion web page.

SolarWinds does not list Dominion on its partial customer listing but says its products and services are used by more than 300,000 customers around the world, including all five branches of the U.S. military and more than 425 of the U.S. Fortune 500.

The situation with SolarWinds software enabled hackers to gain access to the U.S. Commerce Department and, reportedly, the Treasury Department.

SolarWinds Orion products are currently being exploited by malicious actors, the Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Agency (CISA) said. The tactic lets an attacker gain access to network traffic management systems.

The only known mitigation measure currently available is to disconnect affected devices, according to the agency.

SolarWinds recommended customers upgrade their Orion platform to a recent version. If customers aren’t able to upgrade immediately, they were urged to disable internet access for the platform and limit ports and connections to only what is necessary. A patch is expected on Tuesday.

Dominion didn’t respond to a request for comment, including whether it had followed the measures recommended by either CISA or SolarWinds. Dominion also didn’t return a voicemail.

According to FireEye, a cybersecurity firm, the hackers inserted malicious code into legitimate software updates for the SolarWinds Orion software. The code enabled an attacker to gain remote access to the victim’s systems.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
You understand that NTD is a Chinese network, New Tang Dynasty.

Orion, Solarwinds, FireEye. Come on, Man!

squildey the liar gets his lying propaganda from a **news** site that hasn't updated
their front page in over a week!

ahahahaha

look at where this moron has to go to find bias confirming **news***

ahahahahahah

1608049430539.png

Apr 18, 2022
How were they even able to do this sh!t in the first place... It's crazy that our government can't fight some Russian hackers. We should have the best technology in the world, right? It sounds crazy if you ask me, and I don't believe that Russians did that in the first place.
If that's true, I can just find a hacker for hire online and hack the state department or something like that. I'm not sure that any hacker would want to do that in the first place, but you get what I mean. I don't feel safe in a world where Russian hackers can hack the Government. That's just crazy!

Last edited: