Rounded pin tail twins

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
I'm still wondering if he'll ever do a broad release of the Crisis twin... Maybe this is just me, but I've found that boards with channels fuck up my fins a bit. To me it seems like the channel is a fin in itself, and normal fins make the board too stiff. I often find myself having to put in smaller, flexier fins to loosen the situation up.

Not that this is the end of the world, but I prefer the predictability of de-channeled boards

crsis twin.jpg

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
I had a little back and forth with John about this.

You can select Twin on the Mid length Crisis custom order form now however you'll need to add custom dims etc.

Also, they are priced like a Mid length ($1000 +) rather than like a shortboard as they are on Boardroom UK's site. It's cheaper to get one from Boardroom UK and ship it over than to get one from Pyzel due to the pricing disparity. The Crisis twin on the Boardroom UK site is 604.99 pounds which is about $800. Shipping is $200 or so (this is for a 6'0).

If you order a plain white 6'6 Midlength Crisis (smallest size in the pulldown for a custom) and spec it as a twin it's $1145 without shipping.

Personally, I wouldn't got through the hassle of ordering form the UK but if he introduced them in the states as an official model and pulled the pricing down to closer to a shortboard, I'd buy one.

Not sure if there's some sort of exclusive with Boardroom UK or if it would compete too much with the forthcoming Wildcat Twin (which looks more performance oriented) .

In any case the Crisis Twin looks really good to me.

I'm still wondering if he'll ever do a broad release of the Crisis twin... Maybe this is just me, but I've found that boards with channels fook up my fins a bit. To me it seems like the channel is a fin in itself, and normal fins make the board too stiff. I often find myself having to put in smaller, flexier fins to loosen the situation up.

Not that this is the end of the world, but I prefer the predictability of de-channeled boards

View attachment 127139

Reactions: Sam_K and sdsrfr

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009

You can select Twin on the Mid length Crisis custom order form now however you'll need to add custom dims etc.

Also, they are priced like a Mid length ($1000 +) rather than like a shortboard as they are on Boardroom UK's site. It's cheaper to get one from Boardroom UK and ship it over than to get one from Pyzel due to the pricing disparity. The Crisis twin on the Boardroom UK site is 604.99 pounds which is about $800. Shipping is $200 or so (this is for a 6'0).

If you order a plain white 6'6 Midlength Crisis (smallest size in the pulldown for a custom) and spec it as a twin it's $1145 without shipping.

Personally, I wouldn't got through the hassle of ordering form the UK but if he introduced them in the states as an official model and pulled the pricing down to closer to a shortboard, I'd buy one.

Not sure if there's some sort of exclusive with Boardroom UK or if it would compete too much with the forthcoming Wildcat Twin (which looks more performance oriented) .

I am not sure exact size I think 6'6"+ you pay extra $$$ for shipping regardless where. I paid sb shipping for 6'3" step up but for my 6'9" it2win pin valmost paid double for shipping:foreheadslap:

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019

Really great information, thanks for all of that. So basically ordering a crisis twin would be like paying for an Album board :rolleyes:

I too think I'll wait. Hopefully he does release it officially one day

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
View attachment 113591
View attachment 113592

Pukas Lady Twin.....My mate has been raving about his, forcing me to order one too. 6'7 x 21 x 2.88 at about 42l. I was contemplating going longer but this still fits into my travel bag. My other boards are 5'6 to 6'1 at around 30l, so I hope this will still feel quite different.

Pale lavender spray will get me more credit from my little daughter than from other guys in the water :roflmao:

4 months of waiting ahead.....
A 4 month wait turned into an 11 month wait. Note to myself: don't ever tell anybody that a board isn't urgent.

Really stoked with how she came out though, and matches my wardrobe just fine too.
Screenshot_20220513-131728_Photos.jpg