Rounded pin tail twins

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Can you help me pick out an outfit in the mornings too? I’m sick of my wife telling me what to do and you seem good at it.
I can help.

Whatever you are wearing is definitely wrong. As everyone knows clothing technology peaked in the 1980's. You are only buying modern clothing because you are a victim of marketing. Further progress is impossible. Also, I know many things that you don't know but I'm not telling. Those shoes are all wrong by the way. Too many curves. Flat bottom shoes were invented in the 80's. Few know this. Oh, the stories I could tell. But, I'm not. Stop asking. And what is this shirt? The cut is all wrong. It's definitely hindering your performance. It looks like something from the 90's, the worst clothing era of all time. It's a miracle anyone survived. I lost many good friends to the baggy jeans pandemic of '98. Stumbling down flights of stairs or into traffic while trying to hold up their pants, every one of them. It was a tragic time. Oh, the stories I could tell if I wanted to. But, I don't. Stop asking.

Last edited:

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
I can help.

Whatever you are wearing is definitely wrong. As everyone knows clothing technology peaked in the 1980's. You are only buying modern clothing because you are a victim of marketing. Further progress is impossible. Also, I know many things that you don't know but I'm not telling. Those shoes are all wrong by the way. Too many curves. Flat bottom shoes were invented in the 80's. Few know this. Oh, the stories I could tell. But, I'm not. Stop asking. And what is this shirt? The cut is all wrong. It's definitely hindering your performance. It looks like something from the 90's, the worst clothing era of all time. It's a miracle anyone survived. I lost many good friends to the baggy jeans pandemic of '98. Stumbling down flights of stairs or into traffic while trying to hold up their pants, every one of them. It was a tragic time. Oh, the stories I could tell if I wanted to. But, I don't. Stop asking.

Your welcome.
:roflmao:

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
This is the wave I created my designs on , you learn alot from the higher pressures surfing them .

Lets talk on the phone if you really are interested in design .

View attachment 101586
Thanks but no thanks.

I have only a moderate interest in design. I know what I like and what gets me there. It has been working well enough for my diminishing skills.
The only boards nagging at me are a 7'2 Pocket Rocket from Andrienni, I trust his understanding of design more than I could ever understand. Wonder if I could get him to put channels in it :unsure:
And an Album Townsend maybe 7'6ish.

Looks like another solid week of surf here. Just Happy.

Reactions: chilly1 and Aruka

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
The erbb is great

I know its fun to pick on GG at times but talking to him in person or phone is very educational. Thank you GG for all the knowledge you have shared :cheersbru:
Most have agreed he is knowledgeable, knows his stuff and makes a good product. Been here a minute now and seen all things and lots of :foreheadslap: The fun enjoyed by BOTH sides.

Grom finally got board over the weekend!!

Reactions: retodd and chilly1
Feb 22, 2020
just wanted to chime in on the board Greg shaped for me pictured earlier with the bottom turn. im 6' 180 and that board is 3' thick!!!. i wanted something that could cruise, catch waves with ease and still perform when needed. i have literally tried everything to achieve this goal. blown up shortboards, small mid lengths, big grovelers, mini longboards etc etc i didnt think the best of both worlds was possible. the boards just rip. everything works together perfectly. i never dreamed i could surf a 3" board but its my magic stick. it would be a disservice to not share how good his boards are and how the fins make such a difference. he gave me two positions to i can place the fins and by moving the fin 1/16 of an inch i have a completely different board its pretty mind blowing. just wanted to share my experience

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
I just picked up a used Album Townsend twin, 7'0" Asymmetrical. Only had a few surfs on it in small waves but got one good wedgy down the line nug right (backside for me) and the thing lit up. I was going terminal velocity in two pumps. Very surprised at how well it turned backside. Cant wait for winter NW!
Want to sell it?

• Haha
Reactions: ghostshaper

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
Mine is 7'0" (i'm 6'4)I haven't ridden it enough to give a proper review but so far I wish I had gone shorter with more foiled rails (54L is overkill). pro is at that for a board that length it turns on a dime frontside, con it actually feels like it is pushing water when paddling. Arukas got his dialed in, go that route. I've got an 7'1" MC twin pin (47L)coming much less volume, narrower and lower rails, once I've had a chance to compare, which could take a year based upon my surf schedule :( I will likely ace one from my quiver
Gonna sell the Album?

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
Gonna sell the Album?
Not yet but eventually, probably yes. because i busted up my wrist then gained 15 LBS, I have been riding Townsend exclusively because its my easiest paddler. Just last weekend realised my wrist brace delamed the rail so rather than jack up my other boards I will just ride this all winter looks like, with the traction I just put on the rail.
I am gonna start trying different fins in it to see if I can spark up some magic but if that fails If you like I can keep you in mind Rice? Though that likely didn't sound appealing I will say the glass job has been solid so it should be in pretty good nick down the line.

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
Yeah, for sure. I have a 7'8" GH thruster pin that I am going to get ride of and really want to get a twin step up in the 7' range. Let me know.

Reactions: chilly1