Rounded pin tail twins

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
just the few I've seen, not the Album in particular
the foils just seem strange compared to most of the fins I fondle(I like to check out fins)
the position of the cord seems closer to the middle of the fin from what I'm used to seeing
Need to get a real fin maker to assess

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
the foils just seem strange compared to most of the fins I fondle(I like to check out fins)
the position of the cord seems closer to the middle of the fin from what I'm used to seeing
The fin foiler at fins unlimited had foil templates, kinda like rail templates, to check the foil.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid

Check the bit about series II and III foils. Addresses what you talked about.

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
What’s your favorite twinzer fin?

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
@Maz
Explains it perfectly

@urchined I make my own in G10, I was using an old modified Rusty template (which I still use on grovelers. But my main fin template now is a Griffin I scaled up

Last edited:
Reactions: urchined

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
@Waterlogged05 I make myself, so flat foil If I remember correctly it was a R● tri set, I scaled to 5 1/2" on my scanner and re-templated the trailing edge, looks a little like Stretch tip w/ the zit. But mostly use Greg's template now, did the same with that template. I scaled up the set from the 6-3 Felix Greg made me a while back to 5 3/8". I ride twinzers exclusively

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I asked about getting six channels instead of four on mine. I was rebuffed. I think it was something along the lines of what Greg was saying that it gets tight trying to get the channels and fins in the right place
right. I was thinking 4 would give you more space to place the fins, rather than trying to fit 6 in the space. But I don't know anything about channels, just thinking out loud

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
right. I was thinking 4 would give you more space to place the fins, rather than trying to fit 6 in the space. But I don't know anything about channels, just thinking out loud
Alpha Omega fin set up is slightly changed if you order fin boxes and only has two channels with bonzer concave.

toddo

Nep status
Jul 24, 2010
i can see a round tail channelled twin in my near future. Do i go a step up/ tube board around 6'6 in the album ledge style, or go full retard on a 7 something midlength all rounder?

• Haha
Reactions: Aruka and oeste858